PDA

View Full Version : Board Questions

k2x4b524[
June 4th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I have quite a few boards here.
Some of them i have an idea of what they are, but a couple of them i have absolutely no clue

First up is a PC-Vision Board, made by Imaging Technology Incorporated - PC Era, Black, wider mount bracket, with ram daughter board.
This one has 2 3 prong plugs on it, presuming they goto a display, has anyone heard of this card? If so, What is it?

Next Up is a PC board that i'm presuming was made by IBM, the only identifier is an IBM style number on the back of it 1503156 dated 12-19-83
It appears to be some kind of video board, but it has no video connector, it has 16kb ram, and a 34 pin female connector on top, i presume this to be a video enhancement board of some sort, pairs with a cga card maybe?
This one is figured out - Thank you spidersweb

Next is a 16-bit Caching SCSI board made by Perceptive Solutions INC, older board, but has scsi and floppy on it, i know what it is, but does anyone know how good this board it?

Next is a MCA board, appears to be a Networking board made by Ungermann-bass, has the DB15 game port style plug and the 10/100 style ethernet plug on it. It's powered by an intel 80186 chip and has 256kb ram onboard

Next is a 16bit ISA board, appears to be a network card similar to the MCA one, it's model number is EXOS EXOS205L, with a bunch of synaptics on it,

Next is an Epson SPF2. It's 8-bit, appears to be a serial, parallel with floppy controller on it, but i have my doubts that it may actually be a tape controller. Any ideas?

And last *Until i find more oddities* is more bragging rights because i know how rare it MIGHT be
8-bit serial board with 256kb ram expansion *4 banks of 64kb chips* Seattle Computer SCP130D It's called the ram plus.

I've also got 2 3Com etherlink/MC but they have no ethernet on it, just a BNC and the DB-15 connectors, are those ethernet compatible?
Figured out. Can anyone field any adapters?

SpidersWeb
June 4th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Number two sounds like an IBM APA (All Points Addressable board) - used in the 3270 PC http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/5271.html

No idea on the rest.

k2x4b524[
June 4th, 2012, 09:49 PM
That's exactly what that one is, Thank you, though it's useless without the others. Maybe someone here needs it?

mcsew2k
June 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I've also got 2 3Com etherlink/MC but they have no ethernet on it, just a BNC and the DB-15 connectors, are those ethernet compatible?

Yes, the BNC (10Base2) and DB-15 (10Base5) connectors are also Ethernet, just using different cabling than the RJ-45 (10BaseT). There are adapters that can convert the DB-15 into RJ-45; look for an appropriate "AUI" port connector.

Or, there are also older hubs that have both BNC and RJ-45 connections; connect this card to the BNC, using the correct coax cable, T's and terminators, and the hub will translate between the two cable types.

Arkady
June 5th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Next is an Epson SPF2. It's 8-bit, appears to be a serial, parallel with floppy controller on it, but i have my doubts that it may actually be a tape controller. Any ideas?

As you guessed, it's a parallel/serial/floppy card.
This is a link where you find a PDF file i made several months ago when i bumped into one of these SPF2.
I don't really remember where i found it, but it was among a scanned document about an EPSON EQUITY computer.
I only kept the part about SPF2. As you will see, there are to versions of SPF2 : Y16220310000 and Y16220700000.
One of these numbers should be written onto the PCB.

Click here (http://partage.mescontenus.orange.fr/n/664-533/uid/qK9MO0f7lhuQt3T3/folder/70651889/), then choose the PDF file "EPSON..."

If you have a different version, could you give my a picture of it, please ?
Thanks a lot.

k2x4b524[
June 5th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Sweet Arkady, if it's different i will do that, i've put it away for the night, that's tomorrow's mini project.

As you guessed, it's a parallel/serial/floppy card.
This is a link where you find a PDF file i made several months ago when i bumped into one of these SPF2.
I don't really remember where i found it, but it was among a scanned document about an EPSON EQUITY computer.
I only kept the part about SPF2. As you will see, there are to versions of SPF2 : Y16220310000 and Y16220700000.
One of these numbers should be written onto the PCB.

Click here (http://partage.mescontenus.orange.fr/n/664-533/uid/qK9MO0f7lhuQt3T3/folder/70651889/), then choose the PDF file "EPSON..."

If you have a different version, could you give my a picture of it, please ?
Thanks a lot.

Chuck(G)
June 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
The PCVision board is an early frame-grabber. 512x480; input is a standard video camera (RS-170?). Since it's a grabber, I suspect there's a pass-through between the connectors.

Loredana Tenea
October 24th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Hello! Can you send me a picture of the PCVision board? I think I really need it, it's a frame capture board. Please tell me the price if you still have it.

frankingstore
October 29th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Franking machine is used extremely by small, big and large companies so that they can send huge amount mails to the clients and companies. These machines are available in many sizes, shapes and designs on the size of the company, significantly they are needed to provide the reliable services from small company to the big company.
:rolleyes: