PDA

View Full Version : Apple IIc

ChrisCwmbran
June 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I have an Apple IIc that I want to take apart to treat with Retrobright. I know which screws I need to remove, but in front of the keyboard there is some kind of internal platic clip stopping me taking the top of the case off. Because I don't really know what the clip is like I'm worried about snapping it.

If anyone has any time, could you take a few pictures of the clip and upload them so I can tell what Im looking at please.

Thanks in advance!

RWallmow
June 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I have an Apple IIc that I want to take apart to treat with Retrobright. I know which screws I need to remove, but in front of the keyboard there is some kind of internal platic clip stopping me taking the top of the case off. Because I don't really know what the clip is like I'm worried about snapping it.

If anyone has any time, could you take a few pictures of the clip and upload them so I can tell what Im looking at please.

Thanks in advance!

Should be screws on front edge IIRC, no clips in front. Going from memory its just 4 screws to take two halves apart, two in back bottom near handle, two on the front bottom.

Also FYI for future reference, this should be in the "Early Apple" section, since this is an Apple II.

ChrisCwmbran
June 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I've removed 6 screws, but there is something at the front middle of the keyboard stopping it coming apart. I've seen a couple of distant pictures on the web of it, but nothing close enough to show me how it actually works.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for posting it in the wrong section!

RWallmow
June 6th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I've removed 6 screws, but there is something at the front middle of the keyboard stopping it coming apart. I've seen a couple of distant pictures on the web of it, but nothing close enough to show me how it actually works.

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for posting it in the wrong section!

I was going off memory, I will take apart mine tonight for you to refresh my memory, I will photo-document it for you.

I do not remember clips, but hey its been a while.

RWallmow
June 7th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Sorry for the late reply...
You were right on 6 screws and a latch on front, however the latch shouldn't really catch, the trick is to get the lid lifted past the ports on the rear (have to pry somewhat, no large force, but it wont come on its own) and it will pretty much hinge up and open up at the front latch.

EDIT: Also I am sorry for the washed out photo of the front latch.

ChrisCwmbran
June 7th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Thank you very much for taking the time to take these pictures. I'll give it another try this evening!

It's nice to see a IIc that's the original colour and not yellow like mine!

RWallmow
June 7th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Thank you very much for taking the time to take these pictures. I'll give it another try this evening!
No problem, more pics to add to my site later ;-)

It's nice to see a IIc that's the original colour and not yellow like mine!
It is actually more yellow looking than the picture appears, I think the flash made it look whiter than it is. however its not so bad that I am going to retrobright it yet, but I have a Mac Plus that I might try that on ;-)