PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Help

ByrdDog
June 18th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I have in my possession two Mtek K104 keyboards...

With the research I have done apparently there are some that are more desirable then others. For example there are two on eBay. One is $260 and has a "light blue slider" and the other one is listed for $3...

I have a couple pictures in my photostream below. If you could help me identify I would greatly appreciate it. Would hate to scrap highly desirable keyboards...

I have gently removed the Q key using the two bent paperclips and some needle nose pliers to see the "connecting" piece

First 4 photos in my stream.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64582621@N08/7399226238/

Thanks

Chuck(G)
June 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Unless these have something that I've never heard of, the $260 eBay one is just an example of the boundless and unrealistic optimism of some eBay sellers.

I was unaware that Mtek was a particularly desirable, in comparison to say, a Northgate Omnikey. It's just a generic Taiwanese import, isn't it?

ByrdDog
June 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Judging by lack of input and the comment by Chuck I will scrap them. Just wanted to make sure they were not desirable before I did. Thanks for the input.

generic486
June 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Coincidentally, I happen to have just bought the original computer that these keyboards were used with. Those are white alps keyswitches. They are fairly desirable. I would consider putting them on ebay only because I saw one recently go for about $30.

Mad-Mike
June 20th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I have one of those and use it quite a bit, it's one of my favorite keyboards and one of the ones I held onto when I was thinning the herd awhile ago.

ByrdDog
June 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sounds good guys, Thanks for the input. I will hold on to them and consider trying to sell when time allows.

Maverick1978
June 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
Also... for keyboard stuff, always use Google to search Geekhack (site:geekhack.org <search string>)

you'll usually find the information you're looking for on pretty much any/every mechanical keyboard out there.