PDA

View Full Version : How do I get into the Award XT Bios V2.05?

generic486
June 19th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Just wondering if it is possible to actually get into this bios. I've tryed all the combinations suggested but no dice. Just spurts the 301 error everytime. I scoured the web but no results. Does anybody know how to get into this bios or if it is even accessable?

nestor
June 19th, 2012, 02:22 AM
If you are trying to access to the setup interface, forget it. The Award XT BIOS doesn't have it. The hardware is configured using the DIP Switch block in the motherboard.

generic486
June 19th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Ah. I thought it might be. Thanks for the quick reponce. Thankfully Stason.org have my mobo config on their website.

Stone
June 19th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Forget the DIP switches -- that's not it. The 301 is a keyboard error code. It's either got a stuck key is is just not responding. Try another keyboard.

Ole Juul
June 19th, 2012, 03:59 AM
What Stone said. Also, remember that the XT needs an XT keyboard. Either one that is dedicated, or an XT-AT switchable.

modem7
June 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Forget the DIP switches -- that's not it. The 301 is a keyboard error code. It's either got a stuck key is is just not responding. Try another keyboard.
I'm sure that generic486 was holding down keys in an attempt to get into the non-existant BIOS SETUP, and that is where the 301 came from.

generic486
June 20th, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'm sure that generic486 was holding down keys in an attempt to get into the non-existant BIOS SETUP, and that is where the 301 came from.
Yes. I know that 301 a keyboard error.I was just telling you what was on the screen. I use a extended 101 XT keyboard for my NECv-20 XT clone so there should not be any problem. Thanks for your help. I just bought another IBM PC clone (don't know what processor, looks to be 286) and it is untested so there are going to be more questions.:lol: