PDA

View Full Version : Wdfs

bbcmicro
May 7th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Will my Watford DFS installed on my BBC read disks made my ADFS or DFS?

Are they compatable? I wasn't sure because WDFS is third party. If not, will I just have to replace the ROM or the entire disk upgrade?

carlsson
May 7th, 2006, 08:42 AM
If I only had a clue.. I was rather stunned by all the different file systems and activity on the BBC series computers. Although I should realize it had a much bigger impact in the UK, I didn't expect it to be so active as it seems to be.

Do you read the bbc-micro mailing list?

bbcmicro
May 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
No, I used to be a regular visitor of 8bs. Its been down for a few months now. Could you please give me a link to the mailing list?

nige the hippy
May 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Hi there,

When I used to fix beebs I don't remember having to change the dfs on any machines in order to run my diagnostics disks. mindyou that was nearly 20 years ago, so I could be wrong.

The watford DFS had a pretty good reputation.

Also do you want some roms? I have pascal, forth & a few others, and somewhere ther is a speech synth chip that plugs into the BBC B motherboard on a little daughterboard. I'll look up what I have.

Nig.

carlsson
May 8th, 2006, 05:12 AM
bbc-micro mailing list: http://nelsonit.net/~jon/BBCMicro/help/

bbcmicro
May 20th, 2006, 04:16 PM
My mistake again, its double density, making is Watford DDFS. This may raise even more complatiblity issues? I'll ask on the mailing list when I next sort through my emails.