PDA

View Full Version : Mega ST 4 with a surprise

animekenji
July 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
Found a Mega ST 4 with an AdSpeed ST upgrade inside. :D

Maverick1978
July 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
I'll trade you my Atari ST 520 that came with a surprise 2.5mb Marpet RAM expansion for it ;)

It's always cool when you find a good, unexpected surprise in a vintage machine. The Atari 520 I purchased was $26 shipped, and was one of two in the lot. Missing 3 keys between them, extremely yellow - I just wanted them for parts to fix up my "keeper" machine, and I ended up recasing the 520 with the RAM expansion for the "keeper" 520.

lotonah
July 24th, 2012, 10:31 AM
That's sweet! I've always wanted a Mega ST. The only STs I've ever owned were the wedge form-factor (520ST, 1040STfm, 1040STE). I won't consider my collection even close to complete until I get a Mega ST, a TT, a Falcon and maybe a Mega STe.

animekenji
July 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM
I'll trade you my Atari ST 520 that came with a surprise 2.5mb Marpet RAM expansion for it ;)

It's always cool when you find a good, unexpected surprise in a vintage machine. The Atari 520 I purchased was $26 shipped, and was one of two in the lot. Missing 3 keys between them, extremely yellow - I just wanted them for parts to fix up my "keeper" machine, and I ended up recasing the 520 with the RAM expansion for the "keeper" 520.

When I bought my Mega ST 2 it wasn't working so I opened it up and when I did it had a memory upgrade inside that had fallen out of the CPU socket. As soon as I reseated it, it worked again. I got that in a huge box of Atari stuff that also included one of the very hard to find Wico Command Control Deluxe joysticks. Looks like this one

http://www.chasingthechuckwagon.com/photos/wico.JPG

It's not the normal Command Control with the conical base at the bottom of the stick.