PDA

View Full Version : Image websites



CP/M User
May 11th, 2006, 10:44 PM
I was wonderning if there are alternative websites to
Imageshack which do the same thing?

I'm finding with Imageshack that while I can put detailed
images on there - images I uploaded to their server earlier
are disappearning - or returning me back to the Imageshack
prompt.

I consider these to be quite detailed - though under 1Mb & my
website acknowledges the use of Imageshack - so I'm a little
displeased with them - cause they don't even say why my Images
are being removed.

CP/M User.

alexkerhead
May 12th, 2006, 05:45 AM
The best thing is to get a small, free website like geocities, etc.
That way you can organize and store whatever you want without having them deleted, and it is just as easy to upload a file to geocities as it is to use image shack.
To help you with speed, here is the Australian version of geocities.
http://au.geocities.yahoo.com/

I hope this helps.

CP/M User
May 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
alexkerhead wrote:

> The best thing is to get a small, free website like
> geocities, etc.
> That way you can organize and store whatever you want
> without having them deleted, and it is just as easy
> to upload a file to geocities as it is to use image
> shack. To help you with speed, here is the Australian
> version of geocities.

Unfortunately I've already got a Geocites account - not the
Australian one mind you - but an US one which I'm trying to
get images into. The other issue with Geocities is while I
think you can view images from their site - the images have to
be local - e.g. I might have an image I want to post here,
which is on Geocities - but can't due to the restrictions of
their server - perhaps some hacker has some info about this?

The other issue is space - I want to upload a number of
detailed photos to it & I'm not sure how much webspace they
give you - my current Geocities page from memory doesn't store
something of the same magnitude that my Yahoo Mail does (1Gb)
- which is a shame.

Any ideas?

CP/M User.

dongfeng
May 12th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Geocities does not allow remote image hosting (you can't post the photos in the forum for example).

A much better image hosting website would be something like Photobucket: http://www.photobucket.com/

CP/M User
May 12th, 2006, 04:06 PM
dongfeng wrote:

> Geocities does not allow remote image hosting (you
> can't post the photos in the forum for example).

That's okay, I was just after something which I can view
within my website (which just happens to be a Geocities
webpage).

> A much better image hosting website would be
> something like Photobucket:

This looks great - I just signed up for it. Once you sign up
it's 1Gb Storage - with that kind of space I should be able to
cover an environmental area in Huge Detail!

Many Thanks for that.

CP/M User.

alexkerhead
May 12th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Test.
This is an image of my comp hosted on my free geocities site.
If you can see it, the it works. If you can't, then it doesn't work..lol...how obvious.

Photobucket, hummm, nice, I would use it if I hadn't had my http://www.gallery.ubertechworld.com/ a subbie domain of my main site.
You guys are welcomed to use it for hosting images at this forum.

CP/M User
May 13th, 2006, 12:53 AM
CP/M User wrote:


> This looks great - I just signed up for it. Once you
> sign up it's 1Gb Storage - with that kind of space I
> should be able to cover an environmental area in Huge
> Detail!

Well, I've just managed to update my site - photobucket seems
to work quite nicely. Still the big test for it will be time.
Imageshack is good - but for some reason my images were
disappearning & no explaination was being offered.

Hope this photobucket doesn't go belly up - I simply can't see
how my photos can offend anyone.

The update is here:
http://www.geocities.com/cpm22_user/images/Taradale/09-January-2005/ (http://www.geocities.com/cpm22_user/images/Taradale/09-January-2005/)

Cheers,
CP/M User.