PDA

View Full Version : Alphatronic boot disk imaged needed

Gabriele72
August 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM
I'm looking for boot disk images for the P-series of Triumph Adler Alphatronic computers, namely models P2 and P3. They were known outside Germany also as Royal Alphatronic. They had their own operating system (MOS) but could also run a CP/M version customized for their 8085 CPUs. The formats are also included in 22DISK defs (ROY2 and ROY3).

A bootable Teledisk or Imagedisk image would do, if anyone has or can make it. Would be nice to have both OS if possible.
I know those PC are quite uncommon... but I hope someone has a dump somewhere :satisfie:
TIA

Chuck(G)
August 25th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I think I've got one--I'll make a note to check this evening and get back to you.

Edit: I just checked--I've got some, but they're not "naked" CP/M system disks; they boot to PeachText, ListManager, etc. They'll get your system booted, but you'll have to supply the usual CP/M utilities yourself (e.g. PIP, ED, etc.).

Is this okay?

Gabriele72
August 25th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Hi, as long as they boot the machine it's ok.
I may try to inject the standard CP/M utils with 22DISK though probably being Z80 code on a 8085 machine it won't work... but it's worth a try.

Can you provide a link for downloading or do I pass you my email privately?

Thanks

Chuck(G)
August 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
PM me with your email. Standard CP/M utils are all 8080 code, so you'll be fine.

Gabriele72
August 27th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately Chuck's images were for the Alphatronic PC, so I'm still looking for images for the P2 and P3 models. Those were business computers from 1982, roughly the size of an Apple III. Here's a pic of the P2:

http://pcmuseum.de/alpha.html

Most common in Germany I think... however If someone has an image or a diskette forgotten in a drawer... it would make my P2 happy :)

retrolab
April 15th, 2015, 02:23 AM
I have the same problem. Seems impossible to find any disk to boot my Alphatronic P2. I have several imd files but they are for Alphatronic PC.
Please, anyone has or could make a copy or imd file from 160kb disk of this machine? The P1 is welcome, too... :D

retrolab
April 15th, 2015, 02:36 AM
I have the same problem. I can't boot my Alphatronic P2 because is impossible to find any 160kb boot disk, phisically or in imd image file format.
Please, is there anyone who could help me or that have find a solution for this?
Thank you very much.