PDA

View Full Version : My Totally Awsome Collection (MTAC)

atari2600a
May 25th, 2006, 08:10 PM
http://mtac.profusehost.net/

Not the best name, but it's all I could think of that could also be ancronymified (I know it's not a real word). All the coding you see on this site is done by myself, none of that FrontPage or DreamWeaver crap. I have a very strict policy that no computer generated code will ever be on my website. (Even a script like that generated by Adobe ImageReady that Erik has for his header/control panel wouldn't even cut it!)

Along with photos/descriptions of my collection, I also have (completely unrelated) ShockWave games I've done at school on my site as well. (Anyone interested in Super Mario Bros. & Vintage Computers (everyone here) should check out Computer Jeopardy. (both games require the Macromedia ShockWave plugin in order to work)

(There's an animation of myself doing the robot rather badly on the "About Me" page)

alexkerhead
May 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
You got some nice stuff there bud.

atari2600a
May 25th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks! Once I get the time, I'll add my Compaq Portable 386 & some photos of my LCII.

alexkerhead
May 25th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks! Once I get the time, I'll add my Compaq Portable 386 & some photos of my LCII.
WHOOAH! My sweet spot! Vintage Portables!
I have a Portable III, but the portable 386 is far more powerful...drools.

atari2600a
May 25th, 2006, 09:56 PM
If I recall correctly from a biography I read on Bill Gates, it ran on an 80286?*

alexkerhead
May 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM
If I recall correctly from a biography I read on Bill Gates, it ran on an 80286?*
Yes, portable III uses a 286 and 640KB RAM. I have mine loaded with windows 2.03, with arachne dos internet browser and a isa add-on with a 3com nic. Runs the internet......really....really....really...slowly, but my site loads in decent time. More of a novelty though.

atari2600a
May 25th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Also, it's missing some screws. I attempted to take it apart once (I think to take the motherboard out to replace the battery before it leaks & causes collosal damage) & for some reason I couldn't get some of the screws that went into the main unit under the LCD (is chassis the right word?) back screwed in. I put the screws in a baggie, but I've moved since then. The unit still holds itself together flawlessly though! I'd play some games on it, but sadly, my dad threw away half of my 5 1/4" floppies away. (along with an AT&T computer. It was an IBM compatible. I forgot the model number, but I looked it up & apperantly it's worth around $2,000 or $200; I can't remember.)

(It was freaking complete with the monitor & keyboard & software & a joystick & the software still on the hard disk...Damn!)