PDA

View Full Version : Need a used scope

USASAgencyman
October 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for looking in.

Price range I'm hoping for would be in the approximate $100 or slightly above range, I can maybe be a little flexible if the item is a super bargain trying mightily to get down to my budget.

I would not be disappointed to find one for under.

I live in far NE FL.

Bruce Hinton

patscc
October 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
You probably need at least 1 test lead for it as well.
patscc

Maverick1978
October 11th, 2012, 06:41 PM
You should attend one of the ham radio events.. you'll see dozens for dirt cheap. Though you may need a schematic and a soldering iron to repair them.... Though if you're after fully-working versions, they're usually around too - just for a bit more than chump change.

USASAgencyman
October 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
You should attend one of the ham radio events.. you'll see dozens for dirt cheap. Though you may need a schematic and a soldering iron to repair them.... Though if you're after fully-working versions, they're usually around too.

Great idea, better than a computer fair. Amateur radio guys probably are more inclined to have several of them!

Now to see what's happening in JAX anytime soon.

Bruce

mmruzek
October 16th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks for looking in.

Price range I'm hoping for would be in the approximate $100 or slightly above range, I can maybe be a little flexible if the item is a super bargain trying mightily to get down to my budget.

I would not be disappointed to find one for under.

I live in far NE FL.

Bruce Hinton

I agree with the suggestion to checkout the Radio Hamfests for some good scope bargains and the ability to see what you are getting, and negotiate. About a year ago I picked up a digital scope unit called the TWD-120 made by Tektronix on EBAY for $50. The TWD-120 is a 2 channel digital storage scope capable of 100MHZ that connects to a computer via SCSI card. It is an older device, so I am running it on a Windows 95 machine. I recently used this to troubleshoot my PC-Retro board and was very happy with it. You will see a few listed on EBAY right now, but they are asking too much (IMO). Worth watching for though....

USASAgencyman
October 16th, 2012, 03:43 AM
~TWD-120 made by Tektronix on EBAY for $50. I recently used this to troubleshoot my PC-Retro board and was very happy with it. You will see a few listed on EBAY right now, but they are asking too much (IMO).

Ouch! $350 and $450.

I'll keep looking, my needs are simple, I'm going to try to find a working analog used one, or try PC based bargain, if I can be assured it runs in Win 7. I could VM any older Windows version, but that could turn into a troubleshooting game of its own and I don't need that.

I'll get to a Hamfest sooner or later, I think I'm psyched up for that even if I have a scope by then. I want to get some base and portable gear into my mix for emergency planning. I my need it much, much sooner than I had imagined! :) Say, ---some random day like Nov. 7 this year...

Bruce

USASAgencyman
October 20th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Thread closed, I have obtained a used Tektronix 2213. Some of your suggestions have me thinking I may want to add a small solid state PC based unit, that could store long-term data. But not just yet, Playtime budget maxed out!

Thanks folks,
Bruce