PDA

View Full Version : Lisa with software on ebay (not mine)

Floppies_only
October 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Gang,

I thought you might like to make the keyboard short out as you look at this item on ebay:

It comes with the software and the manuals for the software. It's not mine, I just wish it was.

Sean

NeXT
October 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM
PLEASE NOTE

This is a buy-it-now listing, meaning there are no bidders or bidding process.

At that price I'll watch it collect a bit of dust. I can see $25K possibly for a Lisa 1 but for a 2/5 with battered software boxes, not so much. It still however is a very nice looking system.

Floppies_only
October 26th, 2012, 07:09 PM
At that price I'll watch it collect a bit of dust. I can see $25K possibly for a Lisa 1 but for a 2/5 with battered software boxes, not so much. It still however is a very nice looking system.

Nuance, friend. Notice in my original post that I said "For those who want to short out their keyboards as they drool over this..." What I meant was that it was best just for looking at. I never expected anyone to actually purchase the thing. Lisas are neat, but they are slow, and you can do all the same things with the white 68000 machines at a reasonable speed.

Sean

barythrin
October 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I'll do ya a solid and I won't bid against ya. ;-) I'm no Lisa expert but this looks like a Lisa 2 not an original anyway (3.5" drive vs Lisa 1 with 5.25" drive).. but I forget how the 5.25" looks on a Lisa. Interesting that they post the model number photo (nice of them), just interesting that it doesn't just say it lol. I guess Apple has numbers for models (never honestly followed them much outside of the Apple II/III line).

Floppies_only
October 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I'll do ya a solid and I won't bid against ya. ;-) I'm no Lisa expert but this looks like a Lisa 2 not an original anyway (3.5" drive vs Lisa 1 with 5.25" drive).. but I forget how the 5.25" looks on a Lisa. Interesting that they post the model number photo (nice of them), just interesting that it doesn't just say it lol. I guess Apple has numbers for models (never honestly followed them much outside of the Apple II/III line).

I think they call the model numbers "Gestalt ID". IIRC, the seller mentioned that the drives were replaced due to the unreliability of the original twiggy drives.

Thanks for not bidding against me ;)
Sean