PDA

View Full Version : dur site's been hacked

Chris2005
June 6th, 2006, 04:28 PM
...as if everyone didn't know. While doing a search for some groovy stuph though, I was able to get in the back way. Who's the miserable little punk who did it! I wanna know. I'm gonna kick his little <WHOOPS!> GRRRRRRR

dongfeng
June 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM
aiii that's not good :o

dongfeng
June 6th, 2006, 04:34 PM
main page seems to be ok though, looks like they only added another index file

http://www.vintage-computer.com/index.shtml

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Uh-oh, savit better watch his back (oriface)...

--T

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Erik's site was hacked!? When!? How!? It looks fine now!

mbbrutman
June 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Nothing to see folks, move along ..

:-)

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Erik's site was hacked!? When!? How!? It looks fine now!

Fixed now.

BTW, anybody here read German? (If you google 'hacked by savi7', this site comes up FWIW):

http://www.gff-esport.net/include.php?path=guestbook/viewgb.php

--T

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 05:55 PM
http://www.google.com/language_tools is your friend.

Erik
June 6th, 2006, 06:05 PM
BTW, anybody here read German? (If you google 'hacked by savi7', this site comes up FWIW):

Probably because they, too, were victims at one point. I don't think they host the hacker.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Extra board administrators, for instance, would be bad. . . ;)

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM
WTF's up w/ the new "comfirmation" thread that leads nowhere?

Edit: It's gone now. I think it might have been an exploit that sent a copy of my cookie somewhere, or something similar. If you see me posting some weird sh!t (Weirder than usual), please don't ban me, for it might be some 40 year-old guy in his mother's basement, or a 12 year old kid in the same scenario.

Erik
June 6th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Specifically what are you talking about? I haven't seen anything like that.

Vlad
June 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Wow, that sucks. Haven't these people heard of an ISA server? I've got nothing to really worry about running my own server, I run it near Lock Down levels. And I have a few friends that do network security.....
I'll keep a look out....

-VK

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Probably because they, too, were victims at one point. I don't think they host the hacker.

Please let me know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Extra board administrators, for instance, would be bad. . . ;)

Yeah, I thought that might be it, but I don't spreche die sprache...

--T

Erik
June 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Well, damage control is finished.

The hacker didn't really do anything besides prove he could use a (now) fairly well know exploit with vBulletin.

As it stands I shouldn't have left the exploitable code on my site anyway. That's fixed now so all is well.

The boards are still up (and backed up) as is the rest of vintage-computer.com

Other than 60 minutes of fun that I can't spend cleaning the garage, no harm done. ;)

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Repost:

>>>Edit: It's gone now. I think it might have been an exploit that sent a copy of my cookie somewhere, or something similar. If you see me posting some weird sh!t (Weirder than usual), please don't ban me, for it might be some 40 year-old guy in his mother's basement, or a 12 year old kid in the same scenario.<<<

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
OK, I swear this time it wasn't me! I only fear that my cookie was sent to the hackers email. I knew I shoudn't of clicked on that damn suspicious thread! Once again, If I post some weird sh!t, don't ban me, ban the IP it came from instead!

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yah, like you were really gonna clean the garage tonight anyways (I've been telling myself for the past week that I've *gotta* finish clearing-out the 'spare' bedroom)...

--T

Vlad
June 6th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Just like I was suppose to clean out the basement. A year ago. I'll do it next week. ^_^

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 06:54 PM
I've been thinking for years that it can't be done. I've even written my own universal law that I call T's Law:

The amount of stuff held onto by a packrat is directly proportional to the amount of available storage space.

--T

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I mean, I'm sure I cleared out at least half the crap in there, so how did it end up being still full?

--T

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Your logic confuses me. The who is proportional to the whatnow?

alexkerhead
June 6th, 2006, 07:06 PM
What in the world?
I am so sick of hackers. They seriously need something better to do with their time.
Erik, does't your host keep a log of IP addresses?
If so, find one that matches a 0 post member, or someone who hasn't been here.
Send me the IP address.

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Look for McMiller, I've seen that name associated w/ the bogus thread I clicked on. No one attempts to hack your site & fails miserably but me!

Erik
June 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
The hacker's IP is probably useless as I'm sure he hacked into whatever server he was hosting his hacks through. I have it in the logs, but I don't think it's worth anything. For those that care it's a host in Morocco. . . :)

The bogus thread you saw, A26, was spam that I was deleting while you were clicking. You probably got it just in time.

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM
The IP probably just points to an ISP, with dynamically-assigned IPs...or it's a stolen account.

--T

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Your logic confuses me. The who is proportional to the whatnow?

It's kinda like a corollary to the 'Law of Entropy'...the more ya try to organize one part of a system, the more dis-ordered another part of the system becomes.

--T

alexkerhead
June 6th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I see, too bad, it is a shame someone can get away with that crap.

Terry Yager
June 6th, 2006, 07:29 PM
In this case, my mini-storage has become a lot more organized than it was a week ago, but my living room is now over-flowing, and the bedroom (the original target) doesn't seem to have been affected in any way whatsoever...

--T

alexkerhead
June 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
I'm lucky, everything I have is unorganized..lol

atari2600a
June 6th, 2006, 08:39 PM
What I have would be organized, but sadly, I share a room...

alexkerhead
June 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
What I have would be organized, but sadly, I share a room...
I feel for ya, I had to share a room with my twin bro till I was 12, so I know how you feel.