PDA

View Full Version : The best desk for my IBM ever

evildragon
February 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Thought I'd share this. This has to be the best desk I have ever used for my IBM ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Evilweredragon/desk2_zpsb4acad16.jpg

It also shares with a modern Mac too, but I do actually use this IBM quite a bit. Even doing my resume on it too.

Compgeke
February 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Great desk, big enough for everything.

Is the desk built into the room or just fit perfectly?

evildragon
February 8th, 2013, 01:07 PM
The desk is actually a bunk bed that me and my father both made. The bed is on the top. The desk is L shaped on the bottom, but fits perfectly against the wall, and the beams go around the window perfectly too.

Though, in all honesty, it was actually meant for another bedroom, I switched rooms, but it worked perfectly.

DOS lives on!!
February 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Nice fitting desk! Looks like a true (and...organized) workstation. Does the desk attach to the bed on both ends or just on one end?

evildragon
February 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Both ends. Each 4 corner of the bed is touch the ground, and has a beam that the desk rests on, and bolts into the legs of the bed itself.

Chuck(G)
February 8th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Nice lookingj job!

I hate desks with the standard 30" high top for typing. They were never meant for that--if you wer a typist, you got a much lower "return" to hook to your desk--or a bery high chair.

I picked up a couple of Acco workstations years ago. Steel frame with adjustable high desk top and an adjustable, tiltable keyboard shelf. I picked them up after I grabbed a couple of Daisy Systems 20" Mitsubishi montirs around 1989. They worked fine with EGA if you engineered a little adapter to combine sync, but they weighed about 80 lbs each. When I put one on my standard Hon steel desk, I found that the top sagged and the desk legs began so splay.