PDA

View Full Version : Teletype Stuff?

Erik
June 28th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I'm being offered some Teletype stuff (paper, ribbons and tape) but I have no idea what it's worth.

Does anyone have a clue about what rolls of paper, paper and mylar tape, etc. sell for?

Thanks!

atari2600a
June 28th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Blank media or do they have anything on them?

Terry Yager
June 28th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I'm being offered some Teletype stuff (paper, ribbons and tape) but I have no idea what it's worth.

Does anyone have a clue about what rolls of paper, paper and mylar tape, etc. sell for?

Thanks!

Is the mylar tape hole-punched or magnetic? (I don't know the value either way, but the punched-type might have a better chance of surviving the ravages of time). Oh yeah, are the paper rolls perforated at 11"? That might make a difference too.

--T

atari2600a
June 28th, 2006, 03:42 PM
I know it's semi-unrelated, but I'd just like to post an auction link for a Heathkit paper tape reader/writer

http://cgi.ebay.com/HEATHKIT-VINTAGE-H-10-PAPER-TAPE-READER-PUNCH_W0QQitemZ260001653921QQihZ016QQcategoryZ1247 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Erik
June 28th, 2006, 05:05 PM
The tape is all unpunched, NOS. The paper is not perforated (although the same guy has a couple of boxes of 9.5x11 fanfold.)

Terry Yager
June 28th, 2006, 07:16 PM
No idea what it might be worth, Erik, but I've only seen 11" perf paper a few times. Of course, all roll paper ain't always perf-ed either. If it's hole-punched, it's a crap-shoot.

--T

billdeg
June 29th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Personally I would not pay any more than $20 for a case of the tape, maybe $35 for the lot. I have seen these items on ebay, the prices don't climb very high. When I bought my teletype a few months back the seller threw in a case of each type of paper for free, a modem, and a TRS 80 Model 1 interface. On the other hand, if I planned on using the teletype for the VCF and I needed it to complete the display, I might be more loose with my wallet.