PDA

View Full Version : Imlac PDS-1 Currently on ebay also has PDS-1D

rjo
March 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Vintage Rare Imlac PDS 1 Computer Graphical Display Workstation Like PDP 8 DEC

http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/261180781978

Vintage Rare Imlac PDS 1 Computer Graphical Display Workstation Like PDP 8 DEC in Computers Tablets Networking , Vintage Computing , Vintage Computers Mainframes |eBay

sellam
April 10th, 2018, 05:35 PM
This was the unit that was stolen from me. It wasn't in the best condition when I had it but now it seems to be in much worse condition.

This was rescued out of a basement in Los Altos Hills in the 1998-99 timeframe. It had been sitting against a clothes dryer vent, so it was subjected to humid laundry air and lint for years. As a result, the backplane requires extensive restoration and many of the boards will also require deoxidation/restoration of exposed solder joints and connections, component legs, etc.

The CRT, if it works at all, is burned in, and remediation of the extensive mold will require removal of the faceplate.

The original keyboard was missing, that's why they're trying to con you with the Heathkit H89 keyboard.

It's not worth $2,999.95, let alone the ridiculous $29,999.95 being asked.

I still have the manuals.

Sellam

falter
April 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Yikes.. stolen? How come you aren't going after them? If I saw my stolen property pop up on ebay I'd be all over the guy.

sellam
April 10th, 2018, 07:45 PM
It's a long story ;)