PDA

View Full Version : Game Consoles for Trade

Smack2k
March 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
Have the following for trade:

(2) Sega Genesis Consoles (Model 2) - All Power and Controllers, works great (1 comes with box)
(1) Playstation One Console - All Power and Controllers, works great

Hoping to trade for a working Magnavox Odyssey 2 with controllers..

Looking at the Price Charting Website, this would be a great deal in terms of worth if you want to sell them!

Maverick1978
March 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Dude... this would be more appropriate in the Off-Topic Marketplace....

Smack2k
March 26th, 2013, 06:05 PM
This is vintage gaming...figured no better place than here....

But can put it there in the future.

offensive_Jerk
March 27th, 2013, 03:15 AM
Hoping to trade for a working Magnavox Odyssey 2 with controllers..

They should have the controllers as they are built into the console, unless someone snipped them off. I miss my O2, and I want one now, too :(

arrow_runner
March 27th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I've got one and it looks like it uses the same plug that Atari/Sega uses for their old controllers.

Old Computers
March 27th, 2013, 07:47 AM
The early Odyssey 2 models had removable controllers, but the later ones were hard wired. I have also noticed that there are several different minor revisions such as the logo being raised versus the logo being flat. If I remember correctly I have seen matte finished keyboards and a glossy keyboard for the console as well. It is quite interesting how many different revisions a system may have.

Smack2k
March 27th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Either model, I am psyched to find one so I can bust out my copy of Quest For The Rings...

Maverick1978
March 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM
FWIW, if you're looking to just purchase outright, I can pick O2 systems up locally boxed/complete. I'd have to check on the price, however, but two local used game shops have them. They've quite a few games for them too, and most of the loose games are $1 per.

offensive_Jerk
March 29th, 2013, 10:03 PM
The early Odyssey 2 models had removable controllers, but the later ones were hard wired. I have also noticed that there are several different minor revisions such as the logo being raised versus the logo being flat. If I remember correctly I have seen matte finished keyboards and a glossy keyboard for the console as well. It is quite interesting how many different revisions a system may have.

Wow, I never knew that. I was wrong. The only ones I have ever seen had the built in controllers.

offensive_Jerk
March 29th, 2013, 10:04 PM
FWIW, if you're looking to just purchase outright, I can pick O2 systems up locally boxed/complete. I'd have to check on the price, however, but two local used game shops have them. They've quite a few games for them too, and most of the loose games are $1 per.

You should check the price if you get a chance.

Maverick1978
March 30th, 2013, 04:49 PM
You should check the price if you get a chance.
They're in the Daytona area, about 30-55 minutes from me (one shop on each side of "town")... I won't be there again until next week or so. That said, they've been there for months - they're not going anywhere.