PDA

View Full Version : I want SEO Tools

kapilver
July 4th, 2006, 10:55 AM
HI Dear,
I want some SEO tools can anyone provide some useful links of free available SEO tools.

Erik
July 4th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Head on over to http://www.selfpromotion.com/ and take a look at what they offer. It's a "begware" type site with some good free content and even better paid content if you make a donation. I've used them myself.

This thread is, however, completely off topic for these boards, so I'm moving it where it belongs. . .

USSEnterprise
July 4th, 2006, 12:23 PM
SEO software?

Erik
July 4th, 2006, 12:41 PM
SEO tools. SEO = Search Engine Optimization.

Basically it's how you get yourself to the top of Google, etc. :)

Vlad
July 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
????

I just let my server sit there, Googlebot came to me. So did Yahoo Slurp and MSN bot. I didn't have to do anything....

-VK

Erik
July 4th, 2006, 03:12 PM
To get indexed is easy. To get to the top is work.

Google most of the machines I have and notice where vintage-computer.com sits.

Google some key terms from these boards and see where we sit.

:D

carlsson
July 4th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I know it is almost a neccessity for commercial websites, but in my world, search engine optimization is something very evil. :evil: In particular when it is used out of the site context; e.g. link farms, pages with dubious content, web shops and so on faking content to be found whatever you're looking for.

Fortunately, search engines refine their methods constantly, so some of the tricks applied by search engine optimization becomes useless. I'm waiting for the day that referral linking from popular sites loses its appeal, or rather that the search engine can evalutate whenever a link is genuine (on topic for the site) and whenever it is pure spam. Perhaps even the engine will have a (secret) list of known types of crap sites, and any link to a site within those domains will be ignored. That would be like a dream come true. No more bots or humans (?!) posting nonsense messages to forums, guestbooks, blogs. No more emails from unrelated people or "companies" specialized in search engine optimization about swapping links to link farms w/o own content. No more fake search results appearing when you search for something legitimate. Woo, it sounds so good I'm almost drooling. What are the odds this will come true in the next 2-3 years?

Or maybe the world is moving in the other direction, turning Internet from an information source to an absolute pile of manure, making it virtually impossible to use other than for communication? We'll be thinking of the "good old days" in the late 1990's and early 2000's when people would upload own (or manually copied) content and you could search and find a lot of good information in a short while. Our grandchildren will shake their heads and think we've become delirious.