PDA

View Full Version : I found a new hobby

Chris2005
July 6th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Slashdot.org. I made my first posts minutes ago. I never had so much fun in my whole life!

Terry Yager
July 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Good luck! I never could stay caught-up for very long.

--T

Chris2005
July 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM
nah it's too mind boggling to stay caught up. Her's one of the posts:

Simple solution(Score:4, Insightful)
by Anonymous Coward on Thursday July 06, @02:29PM (#15668983)
A simple solution involves solving these spelling problems around the world. It's a simple, six letter word.

It's called SCHOOL.

NO...not SKEWELL (you got to say it foist, then yule be able to spellz it riyt). Woddle make the difference is HOEmWIRC. See, I'm living prufe. I ullwaes dids AWL muh hoemwirc. It payd off big tyme tue.

Terry Yager
July 6th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I hafta agree with Mark Twain...I have no respect for someone who can only spell a word one way!

--T

alexkerhead
July 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
That spelling is harder to understand than Stephen Hawking books.....jeezzzz.
I am reading "Universe in a Nutshell" at the moment.

bbcmicro
July 7th, 2006, 05:08 AM
Is it good?

I started a 'A Brief History of Time' yesterday. I think is a dumbed down book. I can understand most of it. Im up to the bit about singularites (best part so far!)

Erik
July 7th, 2006, 05:45 AM
I started a 'A Brief History of Time' yesterday. I think is a dumbed down book. I can understand most of it. Im up to the bit about singularites (best part so far!)

It isn't dumbed down so much as it's written in layman's terms. Most of Hawking's other works don't do that.

alexkerhead
July 7th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Is it good?

Indeed it is.
I wouldn't say dumbed down, because most people haven't taken college level grammar and science.. Luckily I have taken several high level science and literature classes, thereofore Hawking's vocabulary is a bit easier to understand. I still have to sit and think really hard sometimes, and every now and then, I have to look a word up.

USSEnterprise
July 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
A Brief History of Time was a hard read for me. I understand the vocabulary, but some of the concepts are a bit too mind boggling.