PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel like blowing up a Computer?

Chromedome45
July 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM
This Model 4 of mine I picked up a couple of weeks ago is really getting on my nerves! Anyone have some TNT. I am about to blow the "F"
out of it!!! Or toss in it a lake. :evil::evil:

Chuck(G)
July 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Do what I do--put it to one side for a year or two and come back to it with a fresh outlook. No computer need be harmed in this way.

Stone
July 25th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Ever feel like blowing up a Computer?All the time, Frank, regardless of what Chuck says. :-)

arrow_runner
July 25th, 2013, 12:54 PM
No computer need be harmed in this way.

Oh I have to disagree with this. When broken HP DV6000/DV9000 laptops finally become worthless on eBay I will be using them as target practice.

WMH
July 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ever feel like blowing up a Computer?

One word: YES.

Unknown_K
July 25th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I get frustrated working on machines too sometimes, so I put them away for a while and come back to them when I am in a better mood.

Chromedome45
July 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I actually have no intention of destroying it. Will put away for a while and do some research into what is causing the problem. Heats up works. cools down doesn't. Any ideas?

Stone
July 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Heats up works. cools down doesn't. Any ideas?You're in Fla.... use the nasty sukka OUTSIDE!!! :-)

barythrin
July 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Cold solder joints?

WMH
July 25th, 2013, 01:55 PM
You're in Fla.... use the nasty sukka OUTSIDE!!! :-)

If it wasn't for the humidity, that'd be a great idea...

Chromedome45
July 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I reheated every single solder point on the board. Even the Via's (feed through's) didn't help. Sorry but check my post over in the Radio shack area. Right now this post is off topic.

Ya the humidity is a real "oppressive" thing around here.

Stone
July 25th, 2013, 02:27 PM
If it wasn't for the humidity, that'd be a great idea...Hey, in Florida like in Hawaii, the humitity is so bad (inside and outside) that you need to buy postage stamps ONE week at a time. 'Cause if you buy more than a week's worth you find the rest of them all stuck together when you go for them! :-)

Chromedome45
July 25th, 2013, 02:56 PM
LOL!!! That's true. Sticky as heck here sometimes. Oh and I love the afternoon storms. Brings down temps for a while but afterwards it's free Sauna time!

WMH
July 25th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hey, in Florida like in Hawaii, the humitity is so bad (inside and outside) that you need to buy postage stamps ONE week at a time. 'Cause if you buy more than a week's worth you find the rest of them all stuck together when you go for them! :-)

That's true. :-)