PDA

View Full Version : C64 reading list?

NathanAllan
October 4th, 2003, 02:33 AM
Can anyone here recommend a list of the books on C64's and C128's that are not extremely advanced or for the extreme beginner? I am having a hard time finding anything like a recommended reading list. I know how to solder, and I have one dead 64 that I would liek to try to resurrect.

By the way, I have a C64 and 128 on the way, complete with accessories, all in trade for a bunch of PC stuff that is all good but not been even looked at for a year. The guy got a GREAT deal.

How about that reading list? I mean I know how to solder and work on electronics okay, but I would like to know about Comodores specifically, it's little bugs and things that I need to be aware of. Maybe a book on it's Basic, specifically? Or better yet, how to convert programs written in Basic for DOS to Commodore Basic??

Nathan

joecommodore
October 4th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Dr. C Whacko Presents th Whiz Bang Miracle Machine - Programming on the Commodore 64 (I think it's from addison wesley)
Very entertaining informal approach with lots of examples.

I just recalled another one that's cool, but I can't remember the exact name, I have it in the apartment somewhere...

Commodore 64 Programmer's Reference Guide
You can download it here:
http://project64.c64.org/hw/c64prg10.zip
not intended to teach programming but give a GREAT overview of all the C64's BASIC commands with examples, very useful as you get more experienced!

There are some older BASIC books that are good too like "BASIC 2nd edition" by Albrect, Finkel and Brown. They are not geard to any computer, just microsoft standard BASIC, and are good for getting the logic down (variables, loops, arrays, boolean operations, etc.)