PDA

View Full Version : AERCO Easie-ST RAM upgrade Manual

Al Hartman
August 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I have one of these RAM upgrades in my Atari-ST, but it has stopped working. I have lost my manual for it in several moves.

Does anyone have a copy of the manual?

I'd pay for duplicating/mailing costs.

I'd love to get this running again, as it brings the ST to the 2.5 mb maximum memory.

Al Hartman
September 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I had accidentally damaged the board by trying to change a chip on it. One of the sockets pulled off. I just desoldered the pins and replaced the bad socket.

Al Hartman
October 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Well, I removed the two headers that are used to grab signals from two of the chips on the ST and soldered sockets to the chips, and re-plugged the headers in. Still no response from the RAM.

Without a manual I'm stuck.

Al Hartman
October 5th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I got it working!!!!

The problem all along was that I must have moved the RAM chips to the wrong bank in preparation of adding 2mb of RAM to the board. In looking at pictures of other versions of the board, they all had chips in the top row, and oriented to the pin 1 part of the socket. When I moved the chips there, I got 1024mb on the utility that checks the board for operation, and I'm now running the RAM test to see if the RAM is good. So far, about 20 passes and all is well!

Now to figure out how to do the 2gb upgrade. There is a trace to cut and jumpers to set. If I can figure that out, I'm golden!