PDA

View Full Version : Disk Parameter Block - DPB.BAS

ldkraemer
August 23rd, 2013, 03:55 AM
I've been looking for an old Basic program I had in my stacks of Kaypro II or Radio Shack Model 4 CP/M Floppy's. So far I've not been
able to locate that Basic program, as several of my floppy's have the oxide failing on the Floppy's. I guess I waited too many years before
backing up my stash.

Does anyone have a copy of DPB.BAS they could post, or know of a CP/M BBS or URL where it can be downloaded?

Thanks.

Larry

Chuck(G)
August 23rd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Quit wrecking your floppies. Oxide-shed problems can be gotten around temporarily--at least long enough to get the data from the disks by baking the cookies at 130-140F for a few hours after removing them from the jackets.

You may find the program you're looking for in either the CPMUG or SIMTEL20 CP/M libraries that are online at archive.org.

Here's an ISO:

http://ia600808.us.archive.org/27/items/cdrom-1994-11-walnutcreek-cpm/November_1994_Walnut_Creek_cpm_cdrom.iso

The Wayback Machine archive is growing. You'll find a lot of CP/M and MS-DOS stuff there.

ldkraemer
August 24th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Chuck,
Thanks for the tip about the oxide on the floppies.

I had done several Google searches, searches of Walnut Creek ISO, OakCPM ISO, Gaby's Files, Herb's Files, *HUMONGOUS* CP/M, and Internet searches through PUB Files.
I finally stumbled across DPB.BAS again, located in the 22Disk.DOC file. THANKS again for 22Disk!

Larry