PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help, I need a very old Graphics card for PC or clones

DELTA67
August 31st, 2013, 06:36 AM
Hi all,
As said in the title, for a project I need a graphics card for very old PCs like MDA, CGA, HERCULE ...
Please help, as I can't find this card here in Algeria !!
Many thanks

Chuck(G)
August 31st, 2013, 07:06 AM
Just a note--MDA is a text-only card.

DELTA67
August 31st, 2013, 08:07 AM
Just a note--MDA is a text-only card.

Thanks Chuck,
Yes MDA is text only, but it's well for me also.
even EGA or any 8bit VGA also works.
I'm waiting for a generous person.
PLEASE help

Stone
August 31st, 2013, 08:13 AM
I have a Datamedia CGA that works perfectly in my XT that you can have if you want.

Chuck(G)
August 31st, 2013, 09:25 AM
I would have thought that finding an appropriate monitor would be more difficult. The MDA/Hercules type requires a monitor with a rather unusual scan rate. The same observation goes for EGA.

That tends to be the stumbling block for most collectors.

For a just-starting out collector, a VGA card would be the logical starting point, as monitors capable of handling that can be easily obtained.

Caluser2000
August 31st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Found these http://www.a1usedcomputers.com.au/shop/prodList.asp?idCategory=37
A few monochrome in stock http://www.a1usedcomputers.com.au/shop/prodView.asp?idproduct=266
Even have a monitor http://www.a1usedcomputers.com.au/shop/prodList.asp?idCategory=160

DELTA67
September 1st, 2013, 04:15 AM
I would have thought that finding an appropriate monitor would be more difficult. .

In fact, I need the adapter for a hombrew computer. So I can program the scan rate to much TV.
N.P: As I'm from the third world (Algeria) alas, there's no way to pay from abroad, we have no payment cards to order from web!!

Stone
September 1st, 2013, 04:36 AM
In fact, I need the adapter for a hombrew computer. So I can program the scan rate to much TV.
N.P: As I'm from the third world (Algeria) alas, there's no way to pay from abroad, we have no payment cards to order from web!!So, you want the card for free and you also want the sender of this card to pay for the shipping (~ $25) as well. Is that correct?

DELTA67
September 1st, 2013, 07:25 AM
So, you want the card for free and you also want the sender of this card to pay for the shipping (~ $25) as well. Is that correct?

NO, it's not correct, I know that!
But I can't pay, there's no way to do alas, truth me.
Why we are called the "THIRD WORLD" ???

Chromedome45
September 2nd, 2013, 05:39 AM
I thought paypal was available over their? I had someone buy my IBM PC from Algeria and I was paid by PayPal. But maybe he had a freind pay it for him?
That was 2 years ago and my memory is fading fast. I just know it cost alot of money to ship there.

Stone
September 2nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
I'd bet you can get an International Money Order there. :-)

DELTA67
September 2nd, 2013, 09:57 AM
I thought paypal was available over their? I had someone buy my IBM PC from Algeria and I was paid by PayPal. But maybe he had a freind pay it for him?
That was 2 years ago and my memory is fading fast. I just know it cost alot of money to ship there.

Yes some people here have family members or freinds in europe.
It's not my case alas!!

Stone
September 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Western Union sells money orders there.

DELTA67
September 3rd, 2013, 07:04 AM
Western Union sells money orders there.

Yes, but only in one direction: abroad ----> Algeria !!!

I've said that is IMPOSSIBLE to transfer money from algeria to other country,
u don't truth me?????