PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for Vacation

ribbets
August 2nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Had to check the Forum before we leave for week on the coast of Maine. Not taking my lap top so I'll begin withdrawals probably tomorrow. Kayaking and Lobsters . It don't get any better than that...

Ribbets

Erik
August 2nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
Have a fun trip!

I've spent a bit of time up there kayaking, sailing and so on.

80sFreak
August 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
Mmmmmmm.... lobsters... with drawn butter... don't forget a side of rare steak! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

Terry Yager
August 2nd, 2006, 02:03 PM
Mmmmmmm.... lobsters... with drawn butter... don't forget a side of rare steak! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

Screw da steak, go for a slab of ribz! BBQ & seafood...Heaven on Earth! (Or iz that just a Southern thing...?)...

--T

alexkerhead
August 2nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Screw da steak, go for a slab of ribz! BBQ & seafood...Heaven on Earth! (Or iz that just a Southern thing...?)...

--T
I agree with terry, but yeah, I live in da souf.

80sFreak
August 2nd, 2006, 02:40 PM

Okay, I have to agree with you.. :) messy and more messy!

Cheers,

80sFreak

Terry Yager
August 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
It ain't good vittlez till it goes ta dripping off yer chin...

--T

atari2600a
August 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
...but then you're probobly holding it wrong, like your tacos! :p

Terry Yager
August 2nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
Hey, I don't care. Set me down at an all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, and I'll bury my face in da platter till I hafta come up for air...

--T

alexkerhead
August 2nd, 2006, 06:43 PM
atari, come down to da souf, you'll see what I mean, our food can turn vegeterians into carnivores in seconds.

atari2600a
August 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
...Yeah, I'd rather not. I'll be releasing a KKK Shooter soon, so I'd be making some creepy enemies (& seeing that most KKK members live in the south...)

tgunner
August 3rd, 2006, 09:32 AM
^^ Woah, kind of off-topic...^^

80sFreak
August 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM
atari, come down to da souf, you'll see what I mean, our food can turn vegeterians into carnivores in seconds.

I was in Atlanta once - they put butter on the steak before serving it to you! It was different, but *good*. :) And, when I went to the LUCKI expo in 2004 (a C= only show) there was this buffet across the street that had a few different food combinations I haven't had before - like a mixture of tomatoes and some other stuff... I can't remember now what the other stuff was.. It wasn't bad though. :)

I love trying new foods, but my favorite is hot and spicy! :D

Cheers,

80sFreak

ribbets
August 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
The Lobster was fantastic, but the price is high $5.00 a lb for culls and $5.50 for shedders and the hard shells were around $6.50. Clams were out of my price range ,around $4.00 a lb. Corn is just coming into season now and the blueberries were the best .. But we did go to a TAI Resturant for lunch and was their food good !!! just enough spice to makeit interesting.

80sFreak
August 8th, 2006, 05:59 PM
The Lobster was fantastic, but the price is high $5.00 a lb for culls and $5.50 for shedders and the hard shells were around $6.50. Clams were out of my price range ,around $4.00 a lb. Corn is just coming into season now and the blueberries were the best .. But we did go to a TAI Resturant for lunch and was their food good !!! just enough spice to makeit interesting.

What is a cull and shedder? Is that the approximate weight? I used to live in Boston, and I remember "chicken" lobsters were about 1 = 1 1/2 lbs and were usually cheaper per lb then the bigger ones... But I am now in S NJ and the price I am seeing for lobsters is $11.00/lb. :(

Cheers,

80sFreak

P.S. Is it wrong to name the lobsters before you throw them in the pot of boiling water?

Terry Yager
August 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM
P.S. Is it wrong to name the lobsters before you throw them in the pot of boiling water?

Hell, no! Makes 'em taste better...'specially if ya talk real nice to them, as they very painfully boil to death.

--T

carlsson
August 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM
Heard in the food store:

-"I would like to buy a quantity of crayfish."
-"Yes. Would you like Chinese, Turkish or Spanish?"
-"It doesn't matter. I'm going to eat them, not talk to them."

ribbets
August 9th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Shedders or soft shell are lobsters that have outgrown their shell and back out of the old shell and wait for a new one to form around them . Culls are lobsters that have a claw missing.

ribbets
August 9th, 2006, 04:50 AM
The legal length of a lobster here in Maine is measured by a guage that measures from the eye socket to the beginning of the tail. To short, they throw them back and to long same thing. Try to keep the big ones for breeders. Most average 1lb to 2.5 lbs for legal ones. And any females that show eggs underneath are marked with a notch and thrown back in even if their a legal size