PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kaypro 2'84 CP/M System Disk and Software

alloye
September 6th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Hello, everyone!

Great forum! Love the subject matter!!! :D

I decided to join because I recently added a Kaypro 2'84 to my collection. The computer is in great working condition but came with absolutely no software. I know a number of Kaypro 2 variants were made. Mine is model 81-014 with ROM 81-292-A and a pair of TEC FB-501 SSDD drives.

My research led me to some promising disk images at http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/kaypro/

Unfortunately, I don't have a PC capable of creating the disks and was hoping someone here could help me out. I'd be more than happy to PayPal a few bucks to cover the cost of disks and postage. In particular, I'd like to have working SSDD copies of the CP/M 2.2G and BASIC-80 and Games disks. Any other software that originally came with the machine would be nice as well, but I can definitely live without it.

Thanks in advance!
- alloye

alloye
September 9th, 2013, 07:42 PM
The disks I need should be here in a few days. I'm looking forward to getting this baby back on its feet! :D

hwrdmltn
September 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM
I have many of the Kaypro programs for the II, 2-XX, and so fourth. I have the assembler for it, calc, profit, and the source code for the BIOS for CP/M 2.2 and the like that was purveyed in the Kaypro packages. I can't generate images of disks either, but if you can find one bootable disk, download MBOOT into it via the serial port (a 10-20 hand assembly program from DDT can do it) or if your lucky, it will have a version of PIP on it - just modify it in the patch area to receive a hex file (real handy for bringing up CP/M on a new victim, er I mean machine). I also have the proms too if needed.

HM de KB1ARQ

Adnan
October 26th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Hello dear,

i have a kaypro 2 along with its boot disks.
email me if you need them.
i cant promise to post the dinosaur (computer) because of its weight but i can post the disks anywhere.
my email is: gorojee (at) gmail

cheers! :)

Hello, everyone!

Great forum! Love the subject matter!!! :D

I decided to join because I recently added a Kaypro 2'84 to my collection. The computer is in great working condition but came with absolutely no software. I know a number of Kaypro 2 variants were made. Mine is model 81-014 with ROM 81-292-A and a pair of TEC FB-501 SSDD drives.

My research led me to some promising disk images at http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/disks/kaypro/

Unfortunately, I don't have a PC capable of creating the disks and was hoping someone here could help me out. I'd be more than happy to PayPal a few bucks to cover the cost of disks and postage. In particular, I'd like to have working SSDD copies of the CP/M 2.2G and BASIC-80 and Games disks. Any other software that originally came with the machine would be nice as well, but I can definitely live without it.

Thanks in advance!
- alloye