PDA

View Full Version : Explain yourself!

facattack
September 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
The Avatar is a cropped image from a cover of a Robin comic. In the foreground of the full image there's a silhouette of a man holding a gun towards the floor and Batman is protecting Robin. In the comic, the man is Robin III (Tim Drake)'s dad Jack Drake. Jack had found a "war journal" and Tim's secret stash of costumes and forced his son to quit. This was at a time when Robin's nemesis had hired a female assassin to kill any young man who COULD BE Robin in order to kill the real one... eventually.

Batman conviently hires Tim's girlfriend, Stephanie "Spoiler" Brown, to become "The Girl Wonder" and the assassin beats her in a fight then calls off her hit mission seeing that Robin was no longer a boy thus proving she might have terminated him already or something.

The name is derived from "FAC" for Faction. I made a Faction Smith (abbreviated "FacSmth") for Ultima Online. Back in the day the only way to get blessed armor and weapons was to have a smith in factions craft the item in a certain controlled city's smithy shop while holding some silver coins. Age of Shadows expansion with its "item insurance" motif ruined this endeavor completely. Also, I rarely ventured into Fellucca in UO during my game play so the concept was just a concept...

High_Treason
September 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
OK, I think I get the idea of this thread...

My avatar is Daniella from my favorite game, Haunting Ground. It is a survival horror game on the PlayStation 2 developed and published by Capcom. Daniella is one of the stalkers - a random cutscene in the game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wve56DJa_js).

My name comes from my past, back when I dabbled in hacking. High Treason was the only crime that carried the death penalty in the UK so the name was to show that I was British and a potential criminal. I stopped hacking years ago, wasn't very good at it anyway, but the name stayed.

commodorejohn
September 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
The avatar's just a dorky QBasic-looking mockup I made when I discovered that Fixedsys Excelsior had Unicode math characters that Fixedsys didn't. Nevertheless, it's a fairly good sample of my sense of humor.

My name comes from my obsession with Commodore computers (first the C64/128, then the Amiga as well) plus my own name. I picked it sometime around the time we first got Internet at home, in 2000, and I've kept it ever since, since it has a nice ring to it and seems to be taken only by me, from what Google can tell me, so there's a continuity of identity across almost every website I hang out on.

Bungo Pony
September 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
My avatar is a screenshot from the BBS I used to run.

SomeGuy
September 21st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Before Microsoft Windows, there was Visicorp Visi On. With a cool "V" for a logo.

Someguy's just zis guy, you know?

Caluser2000
September 21st, 2013, 12:39 PM
Acorn RiscPC. Something I wanted back in the day.

Name represents my use of the Calmira shell in Windows 3.x http://www.calmira.de along with the year 2000-the apocalypse that never was.

lotonah
September 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
Lotonah is a shortened version of what I used to be called in the 90's... DJ LoTonah. I worked days in tech and nights/weekends as a DJ for corporate events, weddings, school dances, etc.

So LoTonah = Low Toner, and Low Tone (Bass).

Could be worse, I could have been DJ PC Load Letter haha

My avatar is nothing because I'm lazy and never really fleshed out my profile. Usually on different sites it is a picture of a Domokun.

Cloudschatze
September 21st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Why, the "Cloudsschätze" Mortar Headd, of course.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2459/3698480544_f939e63d35_z.jpg

Mr.Amiga500
September 21st, 2013, 01:32 PM
Mine is a goat in an Amiga 500 monitor, screaming after getting hit by the Amiga boingball.

NobodyIsHere
September 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Andrew Lynch

:-)

leeb
September 21st, 2013, 03:04 PM
My favorite z80 dinosaur...
Named... Dinosaur.
Upgraded to single 3.5 FDD and internal 2.5 IDE HD (4x8mb parts... 1/200th of capacity :p )

Denniske1976
September 22nd, 2013, 11:19 PM
Muscular Beaver..... WHOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHH ;-)

He's sooo funny :-)

Compgeke
September 22nd, 2013, 11:38 PM
Random avatar I've just used forever, not really sure why I even use it except I'm too lazy to find another.

Believe I first used it around 2010, however it's the boot screen to what would become Windows XP.

SteveH
September 23rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
Mine's simply the cover of the Guide in the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

Dwight Elvey
September 23rd, 2013, 05:28 AM
Mine is just me.
Dwight

barythrin
September 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Almost educational thread lol. Mine is just a picture of Strongbad (http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Strong_Bad%27s_Technology) (made up vintage web character from "Homestar Runner") reading email on his impressive Compy 386 that replaced his Tandy 400 when it blew up. It's him staring at a Flagrant System Error (http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Flagrant_System_Error) after his roommate was playing on it trying to remember how to delete an email during his first 50 emails celebration. (http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail50.html).

The name is pretty obvious I think. j/k.. it's a celtic nick name given to me years back and fortunately usually available on forums and email sites.

tingo
September 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
My nickname is from back in the day when I started using BBS'es from my Amiga 500 with a 1200 bps modem. Everyone "needed" a nickname, and because of my limited imagination (at the time) I just took the first letter from my name, and the first few letters from my surname, thus "tingo". Fun fact: my nickname was never used to me in real life in those days. And it still looks a bit odd to me when somebody addresses me by my nickname in a forum somewhere.
The avatar is supposed to be me, I created it on an online "create your avatar" site somewhere.

Unknown_K
September 25th, 2013, 09:44 PM
mac IIfx, enough said.