PDA

View Full Version : Leading Edge Model D Computer Available

Slovle
November 15th, 2013, 05:33 PM
When cleaning out my attic I came across my old Leading Edge Model D computer. I had forgotten that I repacked it in the original boxes and stored it. Now I want to get rid of it. It comes with four manuals, and I even have the original receipt...I paid $1400 for this in 1987.

I tried to fire it up but I got an error message which said to insert a floppy disc with a diagnostic program. Unfortunately, I can't find any and I think I may have thrown it out.

Does this thing have any value?

Thanks.

PS - My e-mail address is dcmacauley@aol.com

RJBJR
November 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Everything has value, especially if it works. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Here (http://ibm-pc.org/VCF/Leading%20Edge%20Model%20D.zip) are the setup utilities for the Model D.

Agent Orange
November 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
When cleaning out my attic I came across my old Leading Edge Model D computer. I had forgotten that I repacked it in the original boxes and stored it. Now I want to get rid of it. It comes with four manuals, and I even have the original receipt...I paid $1400 for this in 1987.

I tried to fire it up but I got an error message which said to insert a floppy disc with a diagnostic program. Unfortunately, I can't find any and I think I may have thrown it out.

Does this thing have any value?

Thanks.

PS - My e-mail address is dcmacauley@aol.com

Slovle: We need to know your geographical whereabouts. Shipping to consider you know. Also, if you plan on hanging around the forum here, you should update your profile with your location.

PeterNC
November 17th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Should be moved to "for sale", location added, pictures, details and shipping / no shipping.