PDA

View Full Version : Commodore BBS Scene

Cyberjank
August 12th, 2006, 01:22 AM
Fellow Nostagia Seekers,

I've posted this before, and I'm not sure it's appropriate, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Commodore enthusiasts are making a big move these days and I thought It important to make sure people know about it.

We're running BBSes, just like the old days. We're running color 64, color 128 / Image etc.

It's just that these days it's a little different, we uset the internet to connect these commodores to the internet. But the plot is the same. Good , plain, fun....

Some of our BBS's hold massive storage and have a heck of alot of things to do.

Please try and vist a C= bbs today..

Try mine for starters... You can use hyperterm to start with... Perhaps google "CGTERM"

madworld.bounceme.net

If the terminal asks for a port, use 23....

Have fun and don't forget, Commodore is HERE TO STAY!!!!!!

Cyberjank of
The Mad World BBS

DoctorPepper
August 12th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Pretty cool. I've messed around with a couple of telnet BBS's in the past couple of years. They do scratch a nostalgic itch I've been having.

BTW, I tried your BBS. My Gnome terminal completely spewed all over the place, but a plain old xterm works ok.

Micom 2000
August 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Great. Good to see the tradition carry on. Are there any sites where you can download CP/M for the 128 ?

Flack
August 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
What is a good terminal program for the PC to use to get all the old Commodore MCI graphics (or do these new telnet boards support that?)