PDA

View Full Version : Televideo Terminals

Moonferret
December 1st, 2013, 04:12 AM
Hi Folks!

Seem to be overrun with terminals at the moment! Have a pair of TeleVideo 912 terminals here which I've almost got back in to working order. Both of them are fitted with the Teletype style keyboard (912B) and while one works fine, the other one seems to have problems with some of the keys. I think the board is from a 912C which has a different keyboard layout. Does anybody know how to go about re-configuring the board so the keys are mapped correctly?

Cheers,
Dave

g4ugm
December 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM
Looking at the 920 service manual from Bitsavers it has a parts list for the 912 which has different PROMS for the "C" and "B" so perhaps the differences were handled in the firmware?

Has any one ever d

modem7
December 1st, 2013, 10:19 PM
I found two ROMs in my 912B.
They are shown at the bottom (very bottom) of http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm

g4ugm
December 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
What about in the "C" , is that the same

Moonferret
December 2nd, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hi Guys, Thanks for the reply's. The two machines have slightly different board revisions. The working one has a pair of 2k ROMs while the other has a single 4k. I've managed to move the two 2k ROMs over to the other board, alter the jumpers and it works fine so the only difference between the B & C models is the firmware and the keyboard itself.

According to the manual, I should be able to use a pair of 2716 EPROMs. Will dig out my burner and give it a go.