PDA

View Full Version : Picked up another new one today

Gribnitz
December 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
It is a Leading Edge Model D 8088 computer in like new (or it actually might be new) condition. I fired it up and the monitor didn't work :( I have power, but no display so I am hoping it is an easy fix. So, I flipped the switch over to color and hooked it up to my IBM CGA monitor and it works flawlessly. The only software on the 30 MB hard drive looks like the original software that came with the package. The keyboard even had the desiccant still taped to the underside. I think this was a very nice find.

Mike Chambers
December 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
AWESOME score! We had one of these Model D machines back in the 80's, it was my family's first home computer. It was an awesome machine, enjoy.

Unknown_K
December 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Where did you find that? The only boxed vintage machines I have snagged would be a Packard Bell laptop (486sx I think) and an IBM PS/2 Model 30-286.

Gribnitz
December 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Where did you find that? The only boxed vintage machines I have snagged would be a Packard Bell laptop (486sx I think) and an IBM PS/2 Model 30-286.

Craigslist on this one. I also have an Amiga 4000 plus monitors and video toaster in box, a Tandy TX, a Commodore 64 Test Pilot edition, Commodore 128, several Commodore 64's and a 128, a Tandy 2500 (i think...it's a 386 based machine) and may be some others....at least a Tandy color computer I can think of.

Unknown_K
December 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I also have a C16 boxed, forgot about that one. The boxes are cool but take up too much room.

barythrin
December 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I also have a C16 boxed, forgot about that one. The boxes are cool but take up too much room.

So true. Hence why most of us tossed our game boxes years back .. or at least I wad advised to when I was young.

Gribnitz
December 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM
So true. Hence why most of us tossed our game boxes years back .. or at least I wad advised to when I was young.

That is what basements are for ;)

I get whatever I stumble across, but the boxed stuff is the nicest.

gepooljr
December 5th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Nice find! I found one almost new and it works flawlessly. Some things I've done:

1. Replaced the BIOS with a Super XT BIOS - found on web; very nice.
2. Added an NEC V20.

IMHO, these were among the nicest PC Clones available.

PeterNC
December 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Cool find! There are items with boxes on LI sometimes but people usually want too much $. I am not paying $300 for a Tandy 1000 (http://longisland.craigslist.org/sys/4101163103.html). Driving to CT / NJ / PA / NY (upstate as well call it) is too expensive (gas, tolls, ferries). It is a lot easier / cheaper to just hit the bid / buy it now button on eBay and see stuff arrive with USPS / UPS / FedEx.

I am not into Apple otherwise I would consider this as it appears to be reasonably priced: http://longisland.craigslist.org/sys/4185043390.html.