PDA

View Full Version : ElStart Amigo

billdeg
December 16th, 2013, 07:34 AM
http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2013/thm_elstart_amigo.jpg

http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2013/elstart_amigo.jpg

lotonah
March 9th, 2014, 12:46 PM
That's all levels of wrong. Why is there an Amiga Workbench 1.3 screen on a TRS-80 CoCo?

What's a megabaud?
128-Bit graphics... as in the amount of RAM set aside for graphics memory? haha
Plus/4 game pack: word processing and spreadsheets are games? (Okay, I'm being a jerk on that one).
Oh... and Telstar was a Coleco brand (on the box in the picture). So scrambling the letters to make ELSTART makes everything cool, right?

Was this an April Fools joke?

barythrin
March 9th, 2014, 03:49 PM
lol took me a bit to figure out what the hell was in their hands. Wasn't familiar with that Coleco system (Coleco Telstar Colormatic) that they're playing on their Tandy-Radioshack Commodore Amiga Plus/4 Color Computer. 128-bit graphics though. That's gonna knock Microsoft and Sony out of the game pretty quickly.

billdeg
March 10th, 2014, 05:14 AM
That's all levels of wrong. Why is there an Amiga Workbench 1.3 screen on a TRS-80 CoCo?

What's a megabaud?
128-Bit graphics... as in the amount of RAM set aside for graphics memory? haha
Plus/4 game pack: word processing and spreadsheets are games? (Okay, I'm being a jerk on that one).
Oh... and Telstar was a Coleco brand (on the box in the picture). So scrambling the letters to make ELSTART makes everything cool, right?

Was this an April Fools joke?

I am not 100% sure, but the Elstart might have been a Tandy-Amiga co-branded project with Coleco, and the Plus/4 suite was then ported to the Commodore Plus/4.

barythrin
March 10th, 2014, 01:30 PM
So this is a real thing? About the only results I get from google are your post. I didn't see you blog about it much or any comments, did you end up doing something with it?

billdeg
March 10th, 2014, 03:00 PM
This was the holiday card I sent out this year. This is me and my family posing for a photo around the table in our dining room. A hoax!

LocalH
March 11th, 2014, 05:23 PM
For the record, that Amiga screenshot is running on at least Kickstart 2.0, and given the Workbench window it's also at least Workbench 2.0.