PDA

View Full Version : Australian members. Need your help

Springbok
January 19th, 2014, 07:29 PM
If anyone on this board is from Australia, I need your help. I sold a 5160 Mobo to someone there via eBay. The mobo however did not have the black nylon standoffs/feet. The guy is not happy. He says he can't find any in Australia. Does anyone know of a store there that he can get some from? I check eBay Australia and there are none in there.

Thanks.

Stone
January 19th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Do they have to be black?

SpidersWeb
January 19th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Unless you advertised it came with the feet, it's not an issue. You can't expect installation accessories to come with a 25 year old motherboard.
Motherboard stand off feet are easily found - it's not a special part - if he needs them to be black then that's his problem.

Springbok
January 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM
They don't have to be black. Also, he contacted me before the sale asking if I had th feet and I said yes, so I am on the hook for them.

NeXT
January 20th, 2014, 10:57 AM
They don't have to be black. Also, he contacted me before the sale asking if I had th feet and I said yes, so I am on the hook for them.

You supplied it with standoffs, he asked if it had standoffs, you told him it DID and he's angry because he got standoffs but they are the wrong color. Up until now I didn't even know they came in any other color. I'm with SpidersWeb. Tell him to get a life.

Stone
January 20th, 2014, 11:01 AM
...he's angry because he got standoffs but they are the wrong color...I don't think that's what happened. It looks like he didn't get any standoffs at all.

SpidersWeb
January 20th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Looks like I had it wrong.
Buyer just wants the feet, of any colour, as he was told it had them.

Hopefully someone in Aus can find a few and mail them off. They were pretty common, don't think they changed right in to the Pentium era.

NeXT
January 20th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Oh, well in that case yeah, you're on the hook if he got none at all.

badmofo
January 20th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Jaycar sell them here in various shapes and sizes:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?MID=1&SSUBID=725&SUBCATID=982&keyform=CAT2

Springbok
January 23rd, 2014, 05:30 AM
Jaycar sell them here in various shapes and sizes:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?MID=1&SSUBID=725&SUBCATID=982&keyform=CAT2

Awesome... thanks badmofo