PDA

View Full Version : Ya snooze, ya lose!

Terry Yager
August 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Damn! I called myself 'watching' this, but I literally slept right through the key moments <kicking self>:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250017855421&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Just for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180017645131&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

--T

dreddnott
August 19th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Good heavens, $13 in all for that little bundle of joy.

Terry Yager
August 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Good heavens, $13 in all for that little bundle of joy.

Yah, somebody stole it.

(I don't always miss 'em though...ask me about the $.99 IBM L-40SX I just won (sorry again, curtis)).

--T

nige the hippy
August 20th, 2006, 02:55 AM
I've been sniped by that guy a few times. He's sharp!

Chris2005
August 22nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
isn't that the same as the TRS-80 model 100 portable? How much phun are they anyway?

Terry Yager
August 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
isn't that the same as the TRS-80 model 100 portable? How much phun are they anyway?

Kinda sorta...yeah, basically. Some styling & options different, and somewhat different firmware. As for fun, I wouldn't know. All I ever uzed mine for waz work. (And they're great for that). Now the Epson HX-20, that's just fun ta play with!

--T

curtis
August 23rd, 2006, 06:40 AM
Hey, sometimes you get lucky!

Now if I could just get lucky on that hexbus floppy drive that suddenly appeared with the 2 99/8's.

carlsson
August 23rd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Generally about eBay auctions, it is interesting to see the diversity of bidders. Currently I'm monitoring two uncommon (almost rare) identical items, sold within a time span of four days, from two sellers in the same country with the same conditions regarding international shipping etc.

At the moment, a total of five unique bidders on one auction, and seven unique bidders on the other auction. How many bidders were part of both auctions? One which makes me wonder on which basis you're bidding, as long as the bids in both auctions reach similar levels. Maybe some of those four who didn't get the first one will put in bids into the other auction. The next four days will tell.

Terry Yager
August 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM
One of the auctions I'm currently bidding on has been outbid by a recent eBay member with a low feedback score. I'm afraid to bid again, in case the other bidder is one of those wierdos who'll bid 10X the value because of thier inexperience. This is one that I'll have to try and snipe at the last minute to avoid a bidding war.

--T

ahm
September 2nd, 2006, 08:50 AM
Ah yes, I used to have a PC8201A with 64K. Mine came with some software on cassette but no cable, so I had to figure out how to build one. I wrote a text file describing what I did and released it onto the net, where a mangled version (http://www.google.com/search?q=nec-cabl.txt) can still be found today. I wish I'd put the date in the file. Oh well. I doubt the parts are still available.

Sharkonwheels
September 24th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Missed a couple like that. Kinda' makes you want to smack your head on the wall.

You guys see those 2 Convergent Workslates sold by a guy in FL? That's another machine i remember being hyped up in the mags in the 80's.

Tony

nige the hippy
February 3rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
ooohhhh!!!!

lost out on 2 ebay bargains today.

1) a Mig21 radio magnetic indicator (hopefully for use in the car) for 8 because it was unknowingly on a different ebay site, and it made me log in, and wait an age,
and 2) a load of prehistoric dtl & core logic on 36 cards which I put a "marker" bid of 1.50 on then totally forgot about, mostly as a result of elder daughters complaints about milk flavours, and they went for 20p more! (looks like they went to a good home though)

However, saying this quietly because "one in the hand is worth two in the bush" I think I've got myself a rather cosmetically sad looking asr-33. It's not here yet, but.....

and that cheers me up!