PDA

View Full Version : CP/M stuff Tandy model II

Roland Huisman
January 22nd, 2014, 09:21 AM
Hello everyone,

I wonder, is there any useful or entertaining CP/M software for the Tandy TRS80 II?
It's a big wish to get some games on it. Now it's only a boring office machine.

I have the CP/M P&T bootdisk. I wonder if there is more to find...
Images or separate files are welcome. I can put them on 8" disks myself.

This is the repair story of my TRS80 II.
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?33751-TRS-80-model-II-boot-disk

Thanks in advance!
Regards, Roland

Kevin Adams
February 9th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Roland,

The secret I found to making the TRS-80 Model II more compatible with CP/M software was using Pickles and Trout CP/M and selecting the system module for ADM3A support. Most CP/M software supports the ADM3A terminal, and more importantly this allows you to run any CP/M software intended for the Kaypro.

I have the Zork series up and running on my system, as well as the Infocom games Enchanter and Deadline. Another game I enjoy on the Mod II is the game Rogue, which is a light version of Nethack, etc.

Hope this helps. If you need the code for any of the above games, let me know. If anyone has any other Infocom games ready to run on the ADM3A terminal, I'd love to get them.

Cheers!

Kevin

Hello everyone,

I wonder, is there any useful or entertaining CP/M software for the Tandy TRS80 II?
It's a big wish to get some games on it. Now it's only a boring office machine.

I have the CP/M P&T bootdisk. I wonder if there is more to find...
Images or separate files are welcome. I can put them on 8" disks myself.

This is the repair story of my TRS80 II.
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?33751-TRS-80-model-II-boot-disk

Thanks in advance!
Regards, Roland

commodorejohn
February 9th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Another game I enjoy on the Mod II is the game Rogue, which is a light version of Nethack, etc.
It's not a cut-down version of Nethack, it's the original on which Nethack was based (hence the genre being known as "Roguelikes.")