PDA

View Full Version : just got my first DVD burner!

NathanAllan
August 20th, 2006, 11:55 PM
I got a Pioneer DVR-111D today at bestbuy for $39. Not bad! It was on sale and I had to be a real pain for the clerk guy to go get me more as the shelf was empty.

I know I can make great backups now (my main reason for getting it) but what about videos??

Nathan

carlsson
August 20th, 2006, 11:59 PM
The only video editing software I've tried to use is Virtualdub. It is absolutely free, but perhaps a bit cumbersome to use and you need to download codecs separately if you don't have them installed already.

dreddnott
August 21st, 2006, 07:22 AM
Arrr matey! Ye be on yer way to the high seas of information now!

I've used Adobe Premiere and FinalCut at college in the past, never used VirtualDub for anything more than filtering and converting video.

Was there any software bundled with your writer?

p.s.: wait on DL media, prices should drop soon...

NathanAllan
August 21st, 2006, 10:26 AM
It came with Nero Ultra 6, I have that already, it came with my last burner that is now dead. I know I'll have a lot more access to data now, for sure. Since my burner died I was using an old 8x drive. Good, but didn't see most of the new formats of discs. This thing sees them ALL. I'll look at VirtualDub and see what kind of copying software I can get from school. I'd also like to >ahem< use my netflix account.

This thing burns an entire Linux disc in less than 2 minutes. I was impressed.