PDA

View Full Version : Mystery NCR boards

FunctionalLimits
February 1st, 2014, 02:58 AM
I've been trying to figure out the source of a pair of boards but have not been having much luck. Here are their photos:

17062 17063

Both are stamped with the NCR logo. I think they might be from an NCR "accounting machine," but I have no way to verify that. Maybe they will look familiar to somebody here.

Thanks!

Al Kossow
February 1st, 2014, 07:29 AM
I've been trying to figure out the source of a pair of boards but have not been having much luck. Here are their photos:

17062 17063

Both are stamped with the NCR logo. I think they might be from an NCR "accounting machine," but I have no way to verify that. Maybe they will look familiar to somebody here.

Thanks!

I'm guessing a printer driver for a six pin printer (cash register?) The MOS devices are probably character decoders

FunctionalLimits
February 1st, 2014, 09:23 AM
Thanks, Al. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me try to figure out this stuff. I'm still very much in the learning phase wrt the older machines and am trying to develop a good foundation by looking at disassembled systems. The documentation (esp the schematics!) you've pointed me to in previous threads has been incredibly helpful too.