PDA

View Full Version : IBM Multifunction Card

Agent Orange
February 18th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I'm wondering if someone could ID this multifunction card out of my new IBM 5160 project. The only identifying mark that I could find is "MF 1260". It seems to be setup okay and it works fine. Just curious as to
the manufacturer. Thanks in advance. :wink:

barythrin
February 18th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Google tells me it's probably a MASSEY-FERGUSON 1260 tractor. Hope that helps. ;-)

Bummer, searching around I also didn't find anything correct quickly. Does it have any IRQ settings? You might be able to dump any rom on it and perhaps dissect it for additional information. I thought dumppc or something searched for devices not just BIOS but could be wrong. It's doing serial and adding RAM right? What's the big chip in the right hand middle?

Agent Orange
February 18th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Google tells me it's probably a MASSEY-FERGUSON 1260 tractor. Hope that helps. ;-)

Bummer, searching around I also didn't find anything correct quickly. Does it have any IRQ settings? You might be able to dump any rom on it and perhaps dissect it for additional information. I thought dumppc or something searched for devices not just BIOS but could be wrong. It's doing serial and adding RAM right? What's the big chip in the right hand middle?

Well, I spent about an hour and a half Googling the thing and came up with nothing. I noticed that the battery had a little crude around the terminals, but its still holding at @ 1.9 volts. Ordered a new one (exact replacement) this afternoon. Checking the mountain of disks that came with this PC, I believe I've turned up the original IBM setup disk for the card. If I get some time tonight, I check it out in my tweener. I'll post pictures the system in a day or so. Thanks for looking. Massey-Ferguson, huh. You guys still take those to town on Saturday down there, right? :D

barythrin
February 19th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Too slow for town but it is what Santa commonly drives kids around on while they sit on hay bails. I just wonder sometimes about google but I suppose perhaps we're the odd ones out searching for MF 1260 and not being interested in tractors lol

Agent Orange
February 19th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Too slow for town but it is what Santa commonly drives kids around on while they sit on hay bails. I just wonder sometimes about google but I suppose perhaps we're the odd ones out searching for MF 1260 and not being interested in tractors lol

I checked that setup disk out and it is for that card, however not a clue as to the manufacturer.

luvit
February 19th, 2014, 02:20 PM
checkout the contents of that disk.. are there any txt files?
put a copy of the disk in this thread.. anything on the disk label?

PhilipA
February 26th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Looks remarkably similar to the one I have in mine

I have one marked MF-100 (has Serial, parallel, game port, RTC and the RAM expansion)

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/io-cards/C-D/DIAMOND-FLOWER-INC-Multi-I-O-card-MF-100-MF-100-A.html

I replaced the battery for mine with one from a portable telephone, keeps time beautifully. There are a couple utilities I have that will read the time from it into the system clock, and also dump the system clock to the board for when it drifts. I use Mr. Brutman's NTP software to do that at boot. :)

--Phil