PDA

View Full Version : Case screw set for Commodore 64 required

Sgt.Barnes
February 21st, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hi Guys
I hope you can help. I have just acquired three early C64's. One German built and two I think are British built ones. I have rescued them from my friend who has unfortunately just had a house fire and needed to clear his loft. He had stripped the SID chips from them for some reason and has not rebuilt them. They were pretty shonky to say the least BUT! I have managed to rebuild two of them quite nicely and get them working and stable. The only bits I have not got are the screw sets for the cases.
The third machine I think only the case is usable as its still missing its SID chip, the keyboard is poor (stiff) and again no case screws. I think most of the remaining chips seem ok but the board does not post but does power up.
If this is of any use to anyone here its free for spares plus cost of postage. Also if you have a spare case screw set you could sell me or a totally beyond repair C64 I could buy for the parts please let me know.

P.S I'am in the UK.

Many thanks
Mark

NB: sorry just released this is in the wrong section.

KC9UDX
February 21st, 2014, 05:59 AM
I don't know if you want to make sure to keep them exactly original, and I don't know what kind of hardware stores you have. But, lots of hardware stores here sell small sheet metal screws that work just fine for this application.