PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell 3 in 1 card

Havoc
March 7th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Lets start with a computer that has only 3-16 Bit slots & 2 are used already, she's a later model Tandy 286. But I don't need information on the computer what I'm trying to do is use a very cool 3 in 1 Packard Bell card. It drives Sound, CDR & Modem. I was hoping someone knows about this card. Better yet even have drivers to fire it up. I have the stock Panasonic CR-563-B CD ROM for it. So it would truly be grand to get it running and do so much in just one 16 bit slot. I have searched on my own for drivers with no luck, my only hope now is you guys O-B-1.

I know what your thinking, why not use the on-board IDE bus off the mother board, like the expansions slots they are all used up. (2 HD's)

here's all I see on it:

SRS 3-D Stereo
FCC ID 138-MMSN834
AZ8C52111126

Maverick1978
March 8th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Packard Bell usually used Aztech sound cards.

Did a quick Google search for Packard Bell Aztech Sound Card... found this Vogon's thread (http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?t=27809) where it's mentioned that particular card as being recognized in Win95 as the Aztech Sound Galaxy Washington 16.

Not sure what drivers are out there, but they shouldn't be that hard to find (I found some Aztec drivers for another card pretty quickly a few months back - about 10m on Google)

Havoc
March 8th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Yes that's it, that's the card. I remember it now. I remember the name Washington. I also remember it being impossible to run anything threw the sound portion of the card on Dos. It would only work in Win95. That's fine I guess, maybe this card is not the best choice for a 286. What I am really looking for is on rare occasions the PB Modem Sound card had a port for the Panasonic CR Rom, as this one does. I really just need to light the CD Rom part of the card. Which I am sure that would have to fire in Dos. So I will hunt for CD Rom driver on a Aztech Sound Galaxy 16. Thanks for the information, this helps allot.