PDA

View Full Version : Casio AL-1000 - Value?

ilikecalculators
March 9th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Just a bloke from Australia here trying to get some information. Apologies if this is the wrong section. My Dad has a Casio AL-1000 in great working order, very good condition complete with it's original dust cover! I'm selling some stuff on his behalf and this particular item took my eye as i believe it has some value going by the little amount of information i can find on the net. I used to use it as a kid and had a ball, at the time. Not sure on exact age but they were released in October 1967. It has no documentation unfortunately as my Dad received it as part of an office takeover, it belonged to the previous company from memory. Shame because my dad keeps manuals and receipts for EVERYTHING! Either way it works 100%, is in very good condition aside from a bit of fading of the plastic and it is NOT the Commodore re-badge unit, it's a standard issue Casio.

I'm out of ideas of who to ask, so is there anyone on here who knows the approx value of these things? Was going to whack it on ebay.

Thanks!

tingo
March 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
The Casio AL-1000 seems to be a programmable calculator: http://www.vintagecalculators.com/html/casio_al-1000.html
Unless someone here also collects calculators and chimes in, you might get better results on a forum for people collecting (programmable) calculators.

ilikecalculators
March 10th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah i know, i just thought that since calculators are basically early computers there may be some interest here - it's a very hard thing to get info on or sell that's for sure.

woodchips
March 15th, 2014, 02:48 AM
PM sent.

ilikecalculators
March 18th, 2014, 03:15 PM
the unit is sold now, thanks.