PDA

View Full Version : Micro Solutions Backpack CD with sound card

keith_r25
March 20th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Have a Micro Solutions Backpack cd 4x with a sound card. I'm looking for the software driver for the sound card (cd rom works). Found many drivers for the cd rom, but not for the sound card addition.

thanks,
Keith

modem7
March 21st, 2014, 10:09 PM
Have a Micro Solutions Backpack cd 4x with a sound card. I'm looking for the software driver for the sound card (cd rom works). Found many drivers for the cd rom, but not for the sound card addition.
Of the two quad speed models, 164550 and the later 164700, I have the 164550. Mine does not have the optional sound card, but taking a look inside, it appears to me that the only purpose of the sound card in the 164550 is to amplify the analog audio from the CD-ROM drive to a level suitable for speakers. Refer to my diagram [here (http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/images4/backpack_164550_sound.jpg)].

If that is the case, no driver is applicable. The user would control audio CD operation using something like the DOS based TRKPLAY.EXE program supplied by Backpack, and then listen to the CD audio via headphones or speaker.