PDA

View Full Version : The Threads suck.

Micom 2000
August 28th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I don't mean to be unkind but the top 3 in this category sound like a 6th grade show and tell. OK you want to initiate a discussion but lord if you are the top 10 per cent intellectually you surely could initiate a thread with more guts and discussion agitation than this:

Anyone actually use their old computers? ( 1 2 3)
Head of Vecna Today 03:46 PM
by bbcmicro 22 388

What was your first computer? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
DoctorPepper Today 03:27 PM
by DoctorPepper 53 877

Poll: What Operating System do you use? ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
tgunner

Sorry guys, but boring. How about a discussion about Schroedegers cat and whether old computers could handle it.

Exploiting the unused potential of computers, or turning a C-64 into a mind-reading machine based on current psycological principals.

Anyone whose explored Op-Amps has run across the endless posibillities for those whose spinal cords have ceased functioning. How about those who used an old computer to control the processes. Most modern technology ignores it since they respond to demands that enhaces profit rather than social good.

I find it curious that so many of the religious right support policies that are surely non-christ-i-an. Perhaps they are the prophesied "Anti-Christ" in their ludicrous espousal which

of the problems is that too many of those who know that even our older machines were underutilized for the real problems. would rather develop games or play progamming games with such losers as the few jerks who still ploy their BS on Alt.2600 as mindless rebellion against their parents, no matter how pitiful they are. Your parents aren't the problem, YOU are.

chuckcmagee
August 29th, 2006, 04:26 AM
"Oh ya, he does that all the time to see if he can get a rise out of the newbies on the forum. We just ignore him"

ziloo
August 29th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Dear Lawrence,

What people present in this forum is only a small portion of their
abilities, and I believe most of us are here to enjoy sharing our
experiences and interests with others. We come to this forum to
have a good time!

This forum is not intended to solve world problems. Computers don't
solve problems, people do! I am here to learn something so that
I can have a better life for me, and hopefully contribute to a better
life for others. What people present here in four or five lines of
writing doesn't represent their entire spectrum of being, and any
individual who may post a "sucky topic" has a wider span of thoughts
than we see. VC forum is like an after-hour pub (non-alcoholic) that
people get together to socialize and talk about things they enjoy.
Everytime you are logged into this forum, it is as if you have invited
everybody to your house for a party, and we should all respect the rules of
courtesy and hospitality in a social gathering.

Using labels of "right" and "left" and so on is diminishing people as
human beings and reducing them to mere names. Words can be wonderful
things; let's use them properly! I believe solving world problems starts by
friendship, and friendship starts by greeting people and acknowledging their
existence as they are rather than what we want them to be.

best regards

ziloo

"...and blessed are those who comfort others, for they shall be comforted... ;-)"

Jorg
August 29th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Oh, and about Schrödingers cat: Its dead allright now, so that's solved.

mbbrutman
August 29th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Lawrence,

I'd like the discussion to be more technical in nature, but that is probably not going to happen. The audience here is very general.

The best advice I can give is to ignore the threads that don't interest you and to find threads (here or elsewhere) that do.

Mike

Erik
August 29th, 2006, 06:36 AM
The best advice I can give is to ignore the threads that don't interest you and to find threads (here or elsewhere) that do.

Or start threads that suit your fancy without insulting the rest of the membership.