PDA

View Full Version : System disks for Northstar Advantage?

TJ_Mossman
April 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Hi, it's my first time posting here after a long while lurking.

I've recently bought a Northstar Advantage as part a job lot of vintage gear but unfortunataly there's no software with it.
Does anyone, preferably in the UK have a set of floppies they'd be willing to part with?

Also, is it normal for the display to shut off after several minutes of inactivity?

Cheers,
-Tom

kyeakel
April 9th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I have 2 working Northstar Advantages. I also have boot disks. If you can't find any in the UK, I could make 1 or 2 and mail them to you. You'd have to pay postage, of course. Mine do not shut off after inactivity, I can check that, how long? Maybe I haven't left them inactive long enough.

Kipp

TJ_Mossman
April 9th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Hi Kipp,

Thanks, I'll wait a week or so and see if anyone else has some locally.
I've just powered it up again it the screen didn't blank, so I guess it was an intermittent fault.

-Tom

1980s_john
May 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
Hello Tom,

I have a set of boot disk copies for sale, 10 inc. postage for CP/M, NDOS, and the Demo/Diagnostics (which were essential in fixing bad memory chips in my Advantage).

These are on Nashua hard-sectored floppies which are not the easiest type to find (I have boxes of soft sectored disks which are no good for this machine).

Please pm if interested,
Regards,
John