PDA

View Full Version : Had a beautiful weather today!

luvit
April 12th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Here I am, trying to work hard at my new career.
I have no choice but to work 7 days 12-16 hrs a day as a new high school Technology teacher who also attending night classes at a university.
Ah well.. 7 weeks and 3 days until summer vacation. Next school year will be much easier.
I hope as early as mid-May I get to play with my new vintage toys I have acquired this spring..

After a harder winter than usual for my area, I think this is the first very warm beautiful day with another one in the forecast for tomorrow.

Rick Ethridge
April 12th, 2014, 02:59 PM
We've had a solid week of great weather. Unfortunately, it ends tonight with thunderstorms and cold.

barythrin
April 14th, 2014, 09:01 AM
lol, have you gone around the school looking for old hardware yet? Congrats on the gig. I hope you enjoy it. I feel sorta bad for my highschool tech teachers but none of them were tech savvy they were all coaches so our school didn't really take that career path seriously which kinda pissed me off. Now adays I wish I could shake their hands and say thanks for what I and others put them through. I often think high school has to be the hardest class to teach with a large number of uncaring students in the classes but hopefully it's more thankful still.

What is it that you teach btw?

luvit
April 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Juniors are taught A+ 220-801 and a couple easy programming front-ends (like Android App Inventor).
Seniors are 220-802 and web design, like HTML & dream weaver.
Once I'm settled-in my 3rd year, I'll have more liberties to arrange relative topics.
Not every topic make the students leap for joy. -- They would be content playing Flappy Bird all day everyday.

I have a lot of room for improvement on motivating students. -- Many students had the wrong idea when they signed-up.. "what? there isn't a shoot-em up game to teach me A+?"
I'll get better at this.. imagine Lurch teaching High School, but I'm only 25% Lurch.

I am not good friends with the tech-coordinator. But maybe I'll have more time to do more chatting with him next year.
He likes me. I never need anything from him.. but alas, there is no vintage hardware or parts just laying around the school. P4s are the oldest things they have.