PDA

View Full Version : ICB 5150 Model No's.

bettablue
April 13th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Recently, I asked for and received a table of IBM 5150 model numbers and what configurations they had when the computer was first purchased.

Now though, I'm running into the exact opposite issue. I see the metallic stickers on the 5150 computer I'll be receiving this week, but just can't seem to find the model number I'm looking for. Since I want to try to set up the computer to its original specs, I immediately looked at the model number which only states 5150. The PC is supposed to be a revision 2 model, and with very few exceptions, like the addition of an XT-CF Lite board, I want to keep it as original as possible.

So where do I find the actual PC model # that denotes the system configuration?

SpidersWeb
April 14th, 2014, 01:37 AM
I didn't know 5150's had numbers like that. Haven't seen any one mine, but it's a late model 1987.
I always thought you bought a base then the dealer fitted the extras - but I wasn't PC shopping when they were new so don't actually know for sure.

Stone
April 14th, 2014, 02:46 AM
There's a cloth tag on the speaker wire with the date of manufacture and other identifying info.

bettablue
April 14th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Thanks stone... I had completely forgotten about that.

There's a cloth tag on the speaker wire with the date of manufacture and other identifying info.