PDA

View Full Version : Memory Installation?

Rick Ethridge
April 21st, 2014, 08:13 PM
I was given a Compaq Armada 1573DM laptop with the standard implement of memory. Where and how do you install the so-dimm?

Agent Orange
April 21st, 2014, 08:38 PM
I was given a Compaq Armada 1573DM laptop with the standard implement of memory. Where and how do you install the so-dimm?

From a Google: Compaq Armada 1573DM Laptop Memory. The Compaq Armada 1573DM Laptop takes the EDO SODIMMs Memory Type, and comes installed with 32 MB (non-removable) of Memory. You can upgrade your Compaq Armada 1573DM Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 96 MB Memory, the system has 1 socket to install Memory, already with 32 MB (non-removable) standard memory installed. For best Armada 1573DM Laptop performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your Laptop

Should be able to access the slot from a panel on the underneath side. You can go with one 64 MB module to max it out.

Rick Ethridge
April 22nd, 2014, 05:35 PM
I know about the type and amount of ram to use. Unfortunately there's no ram trapdoor on the case bottom. BTW Dell DID have a 128 meg DIMM that MIGHT work (rare).

wesleyfurr
April 24th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Try this:

http://tim.id.au/laptops/hp/compaq%20armada%201500.pdf

It lists a number of 1500 series models, but not the 1573DM specifically... I should be able to dig up the manual for it off of old service CD's I've around here somewhere if you need it...just let me know...

Wesley

Rick Ethridge
April 24th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I think YOU'VE GOT IT! Thank you sir.

wesleyfurr
April 25th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I was a Compaq certified repair tech and did warranty repair work on them for a few years in the late 90's...before they put stupid and expensive requirements on the companies that did warranty repair work. Apparently whoever led that charge stayed on in the HP days...they seem to have done the same thing to the printer repair places. But...I digress. For any Compaq repair work, search for the Maintenance and Service Guide. Then there are the Quickspecs, which tell you everything you wanted to know about a machine...options, part numbers, specs, etc. They (HP) still do the Quickspecs with the new stuff, which is handy for sorting out the build details on a server...

Anyway...glad that got it for you!

Wesley