PDA

View Full Version : NEC APC - need either a CPU board or artwork/schematics for the same

tipc
May 12th, 2014, 09:16 AM
email me please - rampaginggreenhulk at yahoo dot com

tipc
May 13th, 2014, 07:22 AM
this isn't ebay. if you have a price in mind just speak it.

Stone
May 13th, 2014, 09:06 AM
this isn't ebay. if you have a price in mind just speak it.Has some post disappeared or are you just hearing voices, again? :-)

tipc
May 13th, 2014, 10:10 AM
still a total bozo aren't you stone (should I have expected anything less????)

Chuck(G)
May 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
To be fair to tipc, Stone--Al K did post a response to the original inquiry, but his post was deleted.

tipc
May 13th, 2014, 11:51 AM
alright Stoney, I'm going to take it back. You're not a bozo at all.

You can't help it anyway. You're from New Jersey.

Stone
May 13th, 2014, 01:44 PM
To be fair to tipc, Stone--Al K did post a response to the original inquiry, but his post was deleted.Was it deleted because he used the words ******* ******* in his post? Because if that's what he said, I'm in complete agreement. :-)

tipc
May 19th, 2014, 07:37 AM
who taught you could spell words with strings of asterix Stoney.

Ah now I understand. The fabled New Jersey education system.

Chuck(G)
May 19th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Have you contacted Dave Dunfield?--his site shows that he has the Maintenance Guide for the N5200/APC. NEC was not one to be open about internals, but you never know. You may also want to check some of the Japanese forums to see if they have any information on the 5200.

Stone
May 19th, 2014, 09:46 AM
who taught you could spell words with strings of asterix Stoney.

Ah now I understand. The fabled New Jersey education system.Do you mean asterisks? :-)

barythrin
May 19th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Is there a model number associated with that system? I think I know which one it is but not 100% sure since there are technically a few models from searching around.

Chuck(G)
May 19th, 2014, 10:38 AM
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, its "official" model number is the N5200. I suspect strong similarities to the 9801.

barythrin
May 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks Chuck, I unfortunately glossed over your post and missed that. Isn't this the system that had really good resolutions at the time and used by NASA? I'm trying to remember although the Eagle comes to my mind for some reason. tipc, I'm going to send you an email address of someone who may have one in their shop. I don't recall 100% though it's been a while since I've gone and had some anti-blessings from the wife upon return ;-)

Chuck(G)
May 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I'm not the one making the request--tipc is. Yes, the APC had two NEC 7220 graphics processors in it--very high resolution for the time. If you're thinking of the Eagle 1600, I don't seem to remember that its graphics capabilities were anything to write home about. The Olivetti/AT&T 6300 did have a very decent graphics capability, which could be upgraded.

tipc
May 20th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Stoney can we be friends. I feel bad now that I insulted you and the state you (and I currently) live in.

tipc
May 20th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I seem to recall throwing out 2 boards, but I may have only tossed 1 (cpu card). I have 4 cards iirc, including the uber rare Butler Flats 5 1/4" floppy controller.

I know a guy who has ever doc that was ever produced for the APC. He promised to look at his cache of docs (ginormous let me tell you), but I haven't heard back.

they're around. The likelihood of me making a new cpu card is understandably slim. but who know ...