PDA

View Full Version : XT Clone Info Needed

Interstate 8088
May 19th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Hello and greetings to all..

Among my many old computer parts ,I have this working clone XT board and absolutely no information ie. jumpers and switches, on said board. Made by a company named "Hyosung" with the model number "88T" , has 640K on board with what appears to be Floppy controller (Z765APS IC @ Loc. 4L) and crt controller (MC6845P IC @ Loc. 10R) also. Boots to "Keyboard absent...Press F1 to continue" ( Who writes these BIOS's !!!??? ) as I have no XT Kbd at this time. A lengthy Googeling has turned up nothing, so I was hoping one of you may recognize this beast or have some kind of information on it various jumper and switch bank settings. Thanks in advance....

Agent Orange
May 19th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Hello and greetings to all.. Among my many old computer parts ,I have this working clone XT board and absolutely no information ie. jumpers and switches, on said board. Made by a company named "Hyosung" with the model number "88T" , has 640K on board with what appears to be Floppy controller (Z765APS IC @ Loc. 4L) and crt controller (MC6845P IC @ Loc. 10R) also. Boots to "Keyboard absent...Press F1 to continue" ( Who writes these BIOS's !!!??? ) as I have no XT Kbd at this time. A lengthy Googeling has turned up nothing, so I was hoping one of you may recognize this beast or have some kind of information on it various jumper and switch bank settings. Thanks in advance.... Welcome to the forum. You may want to drop down into the TULARC data base and see if you can match yours up: http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/#.U3ovjyg_Unw Also, if you don't have keyboard attached as you indicated, "Boots to "Keyboard absent...Press F1 to continue" "(Who writes these BIOS's !!!??? ) as I have no XT Kbd at this time", is exactly what you should see without a keyboard.

Stone
May 19th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Also, if you don't have keyboard attached as you indicated, "Boots to "Keyboard absent...Press F1 to continue" "(Who writes these BIOS's !!!??? ) as I have no XT Kbd at this time", is exactly what you should see without a keyboard.Earth to AO, Earth to AO... Come in AO... DUH, How do you press F1 when there is no keyboard present and both you and the computer are aware of this fact? :-) :-) :-)

Interstate 8088
May 19th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Hi and thanks....Exactly Stone....It is indeed a good response to get from the board...it gets that far...but how anyone hits any key if "keyboard absent" makes me wonder....Its more the switch and jumper settings that would be handy to have so I can configure this correctly. So far what I have found is absolutely nothing, And thanks Agent Orange, I will research that link...

Interstate 8088
May 19th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Well I checked the TULARC database as suggested, interesting site, a million mommyboards and nothing even close..It is Korean made, 5 -8 Bit ISA slots, 1-8 Pos. Switchblock, 8088 MPU , 640K RAM etc. It appears to be fully functional ,so far, and would love to see it running. The model is "Topstar 88T" . So if any members,or non members, anywhere has any info at all it will be more than I have now and muchly appreciated..Thanks..