PDA

View Full Version : FS: Tandy 1000 TL with 2 disk drives, 20mb hdd, mouse, joysticks, manuals & more

JaneOdessa
May 27th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Posted this before but it didn't appear, so if this is a repost I apologize...

I have a Tandy 1000 TL with a 20 mb HDD, an IBM 5153 color monitor, games, programs, mouse, joysticks, and a dot matrix printer. For the computer and accessories alone, $150 obo + $39.95 shipping (shipping charge non-negotiable unless local pickup.) For the computer, accessories AND monitor I am asking $200 obo plus $79.95 shipping (also non-negotiable.) I am located in the central Maine area near Bangor and could deliver there if need be. No shipping charge for local pickup, however gas costs for my delivery may need to be factored in depending on where you are.

It is on eBay right now, but it has been there for a month and nobody has taken it as of yet. I posted it here in hopes some collector or someone might see it. It really is a nice system, but I sort of fell out of the retro-computing hobby a few years back, and Commodore 8-bits were my thing anyway, not these. It is for-profit that I'm selling it, but I also would like to see it make someone happy.

This is the full description and list of hardware and software from the eBay auction page I have it on.

These diskettes are very old and some may no longer work correctly. At some point prior to my owning it, this machine was also upgraded to DOS 6.22. It has 640K of RAM. SCANDISK reveals a few bad sectors on the 20MB hard drive it has installed but it still seems to function just fine under normal capacity. The casings of these items have small blemishes and dings, however this is a very well preserved system complete with printer, software, most of it's manuals, a monitor, a keyboard and mouse. One other note - the keyboard is missing it's CTRL key, however I have included a 5-pin adapter to enable the connection of a regular PS/2 mini-din keyboard. The two joysticks are TRS-80 joysticks with 5-pin DIN connectors, one appears to be in a 'parts' condition while the other appears to be okay (no way to test either.) I am also unable to test the printer as I have no tractor feed paper, however it turns on and seems to work.

Due to the size and complexity of shipping a computer system of this age safely, please allow a domestic handling time of UP TO THREE BUSINESS DAYS. I will be taking the computer to be packaged professionally, as well as possibly the printer if I feel it is necessary. Your software, manuals, cables and peripherals will arrive in one package, the printer in another and finally the computer itself in another.

Tandy 1000 TL, good condition. Some small blemishes and scuff marks on case, but 5.25" drive and 3.5" drive are both operational.
2 TRS-80 Joysticks 1 complete, 1 for parts
1 Serial combi-mouse, works.
DMP-134 Dot-Matrix Printer, unsure of condition.
1 5-pin DIN Tandy keyboard, missing CTRL key on lower left but works (key works, just missing keycap)

Commercial (3.5"):

PFS:Write (Disks 1 and 2)
PFS:Write Business Templates (Disk 1 only, missing metal shield
Math Blaster Mystery
Dinosaur Software Multiply & Divide
Dinosaur Software Geography
Dinosaur Software Addition and Subtraction
Quicken (Disks 1 + 2)
TANDY MS-DOS GWBASIC and Supplemental programs
TANDY DeskMate - Text, Filer, Form Setup, Calendar, PC-Link, Draw, Address Book
TANDY DeskMate Help Tutorials, Telecom, Worksheet, Hangman, Music, Sound Editor
Memory Mate for Deskmate
PFS First Publisher Disks 1, 2 and 3
Barbie Game

Hand-labeled (3.5"):

GWBasic + Many various games
Personal Roots (Working Copy)
Chess, Monopoly (2 player)
Saffron
First Publisher Disk 1 & 2
Oligpoly
Memory Mate (? Data disk possibly)
Prowrite Disks 1, 2 and 3
Tandy 1000 PCWrite
Box of 10 seemingly blank TANDY 5.25" disks.

Books:

Tandy 1000TX Technical Reference Manual w/box, some blemishes on box but still in very good shape, inside pages near mint. CAT NO. 25-1514.
DMP-134 Dot Matrix Printer manual, acceptable condition.
Paper for Knowledge Quest, an Electronic Board Game. Does not seem to have a diskette to accompany it. Acceptable condition.
Combi-Mouse user's guide by Tandy, Cat no. 25-2001.
PFS: First Publisher Manual, acceptable condition.
Math Blaster Mystery Manual, acceptable condition. Unsure if black dots on front are supposed to be part of the graphic design, but it seems like it.
MemoryMate manual, acceptable condition.
Tandy Deskmate "Music & Sound" book, on the low side of acceptable.
Tandy Deskmate "Getting Started" book, poor condition.
Deskmate User's Reference Guide, acceptable condition.
"A Practical Guide to the Tandy 1000 TL, acceptable condition."
PFS: Write User's Guide, poor condition.

Cables:

2 Power cords
1 5pin to mini-din keyboard adapter for connection of PS/2 keyboard
1 25pin CENTRONICS Parallel printer cable

That's about it. If anyone has any questions please ask. Mods, if you find a reason not to approve this post, please tell me so I can correct it this time.

Stone
May 27th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Posted this before but it didn't appear, so if this is a repost I apologize...It did appear, in the Vintage Computer Items For Sale or Trade Forum:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?42905-Tandy-1000-TL-with-2-disk-drives-20mb-hdd-mouse-joysticks-manuals-amp-more

And that's actually the correct location for this type of message. :-)

JaneOdessa
May 27th, 2014, 09:10 AM
It did appear, in the Vintage Computer Items For Sale or Trade Forum:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?42905-Tandy-1000-TL-with-2-disk-drives-20mb-hdd-mouse-joysticks-manuals-amp-more

And that's actually the correct location for this type of message. :-)

Crap - my bad. Is there an easy way to move it there and delete the previous one? This one has the picture and is more complete.