PDA

View Full Version : Softwareau.com

Agent Orange
June 18th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has dealt with SOFTWAREAU.COM? They advertise fairly decent prices for Microsoft Office. It appears that the products are available by download only. Their product reviews run hot and cold. A major complaint is that the downloaded files are corrupt or do not appear on your PC after the download has supposedly completed. Also, no telephone tech support but some indicate that they do respond by email in a timely manner. BBS says they are not registered but have received about 4 or 5 complaints. The company's ownership appears to be masked, but they do maintain a business address with a phone number. :confused:

kyeakel
June 18th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Nope, try <REDACTED> I've heard that it works well.

Agent Orange
June 18th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Nope, try win7productkeys.org I've heard that it works well.

According to Microsoft, <REDACTED> is one of the biggest scams out there. There's a good business offering trial keys or 30 days keys for sale to the unwary.

g4ugm
June 18th, 2014, 01:54 PM
If you have more than one PC then the Office 365 deals start to look reasonable...

Agent Orange
June 18th, 2014, 02:26 PM
If you have more than one PC then the Office 365 deals start to look reasonable...

But its still $60.00 a year (this side of the pond) for the small business version and then you don't own anything. With a little smart shopping you can get Office 2010 for $145.00 or less.

g4ugm
June 18th, 2014, 02:45 PM
I said if you own more than one PC. If the US pricing reflects the UK pricing for an extra $36 a year you can get it on five PC's. In the UK I can't see a price for Office2010 less than $200 and many suppliers say they have sold out, and are only selling Office 2013 which appears to be subscription only...

Agent Orange
June 18th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I said if you own more than one PC. If the US pricing reflects the UK pricing for an extra $36 a year you can get it on five PC's. In the UK I can't see a price for Office2010 less than $200 and many suppliers say they have sold out, and are only selling Office 2013 which appears to be subscription only...

I understand what you said. My point is that you will be donating to MS year after year. I'll probably continue to use OpenOffice as I'm retired, and have no business write offs. On the upside you do get all that extra cloud space for storage. Pretty slick deal for MS; no shipping, no manuals, no CD's, just a downloaded program and key. I wonder if they every considered (if for just for a fraction of a second) while in the board room, whether or not to pass on a small saving to the end user.

kyeakel
June 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
According to Microsoft, <REDACTED> is one of the biggest scams out there. There's a good business offering trial keys or 30 days keys for sale to the unwary.

Well, a lot of people at college used them, and no one reported that they didn't get activated. So, whatever...

Agent Orange
June 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Well, a lot of people at college used them, and no one reported that they didn't get activated. So, whatever...

Doesn't it ring a bell if you are getting something for nothing? You can get a software "key" for just about anything on the net with a little effort. If you have a USENET account, for example, the sky's the limit. I don't think the people that operate <REDACTED BY MODERATOR> are in business just for giggles. Why don't you jump on that site and when you get everything up and going, you can clue the rest of us in? ;)

kingchops
June 18th, 2014, 05:49 PM
You may want to think about ditching MS Office altogether. I used it for years but no more. A couple of years algo I switched over to Apache Open Office. It's great and it's free.

mbbrutman
June 18th, 2014, 06:57 PM

It's board policy to not post abandonware links, or other shady "deals". That's not what we are about or what we are here for.

g4ugm
June 28th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I know you all dislike Microsoft but if you need on-line storage and Office note that they are upping the space provided with OneDrive that comes with Office 365 home so that for $12.00/month you now get 1Tb (yes that's one TerraByte) for each of the five users you can have on your account, its looking very competitively priced...

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/new-office-365-onedrive-storage-is-essentially-unlimited/

Seeing that DropBox now charge $10.00 a month for 100Gb how much does office now cost......

(I know none of you want 100Gb...)

Caluser2000
June 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM
I'd rather spend the .money. buying legacy hardware thank you very much.

Stone
June 28th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Seeing that DropBox now charge $10.00 a month for 100Gb ......2 GB is free and the $10.00 fee for 100 GB is half of what is was two years ago on DropBox.

Rick Ethridge
June 28th, 2014, 01:10 PM
How I feel about Microsoft has no bearing on my feelings of using on-line storage. I won't use it because it's a security hazard and it's not stable: lose your connection and you're hosed. I use off-line storage with encryption.

Lee1212
April 19th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Do not buy from SoftwareAU. Price alone is not a good reason to purchase software from any site and this one proves it. They offer no support after purchase. The licenses they sell are not authenticated after initial install (if your computer's hard drive crashes you will not be able to reinstall the software).

Take it from me... I got burned after purchasing SIX user licenses. I installed one machine and was unable to install the rest. I emailed their "support" and got no response.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!